Humans becoming dumber? Stanford study suggests so

Evolution of human intelligence was probably aided by survival of the fittest. This is becoming less relevant with technology (a product of human intelligence) supporting the less fit to survive.
Dr. Gerald Crabtree, of Stanford University, makes the ominous suggestion that humans may be becoming dumber. However, he seems not too worried as there can be technical solutions to solve this.

Are humans devolving? Research suggests humans losing intellectual, emotional abilities - NaturalNews.com

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My own observation suggests that the current generation of humans is getting dumber, but the new generation is way smarter.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The_Big_K
    My own observation suggests that the current generation of humans is getting dumber, but the new generation is way smarter.
    I am in no way in agreement to your statement Sir. The current Generation is wiser in many areas except in the area of technological advancement. They some times serve as a hinderance to the development in the next generation

But the next generation is very smart in the terms of technological advancement and stuff related to that But in the terms of social relationships they are really poor when compared to the former generation
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We may agree to disagree, but I continue to meet more number of dumber people than smarter people.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    An update - Electrolux finds that 'Those Kids Today: They Have Design Chops'.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I would like to believe that dumbness has gone to masses and intellectuals are a handful. But that's how it has been balanced since ages, right? Dr. Crabtree ultimately sounds as if his brain has devolved. However, this is pretty interesting. The reasons as discussed hundreds of times are the effects of education system, social media and a steady diet of reality TV. But don't we walk into awesome technological developments every other day that truly portray a showmanship of our intellect.

The other day, I talked to a parent who is homeschooling her daughter because of the apparent lack of intelligence of the current teachers witnessed in public and even private educational institutions! Is that a great way for a better future of coming generations? I am only hoping for the best! 👍
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Just ask yourself this question and you will know that...
    [​IMG]

It is actually the one who actually does it!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    The_Big_K
    We may agree to disagree, but I continue to meet more number of dumber people than smarter people.
    Yes, having brains but not using it wisely can be considered as a sign of dumbness as well. Everyone is intelligent in this era, but it depends on how we use that intelligence. Some people at my office just like to waste time drooling over photos or cheap gossip during free time, while I'm typing a reply on CE...(doesn't necessarily mean i'm smarter than them)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello everyone can anyone give me a suggestion on creating a design project which can monitor fire (with microcontroller) in a school room.
It looks like the Android 4.1.2 firmware to be released sometime in December will bring the much awaited multi-view feature from Galaxy Note II to Samsung Galaxy S3. Few of...
Consider that you have a lead acid battery, (the ones used in automobiles). how do you determine whether the battery is fully charged, or partially charged or completely empty. any...
Considering that you want to find out the maximum torque of the domestically used motors such as the motors of grinders, sewing machines , fans etc, using a practical approach...
hey guys, Im from currently doing BE final year and pretty confused about choosing a final year project...anyways, im thinking of doing an android app,but does anyone have an idea...