Huawei G8 with Android 5.1 Lollipop, 13 Megapixel Snapper Announced

Few days ago, few of the specs of an upcoming device by Huawei were leaked. A lot of speculations were formed regarding the device. While some suggested that the phone is the successor of Huawei G7, others were expecting it to be the descendant of the mid-range Huawei P8. Now, putting all the speculations to rest, the company finally announced that the phone is actually the successor of G7 called Huawei G8. Let’s have a look at the specs of the phone.

The phone has full HD display of 5.5 inches; a size which is way closer to a tablet than to a smartphone. The phone is powered by the 64-bit octa core Snapdragon 615 processor. This processor is said to have overcome the overheating problem that Snapdragon 610 had. For the process of graphics rendering, the phone has the Adreno 405 GPU. The phone has a 13 MP rear camera with PureCel sensor while the front camera is of 5 MP.

Huawei-G8_official

The device has got two variants based on its RAM and internal storage size. The 2GB RAM variant will have 16 GB of internal storage while the 3GB variant will have 32 GB internal storage. Both the variants can have additional memory of 64 GB using microSD cards. The Android Lollipop 5.1 phone is a dual-sim device (GSM + GSM). The phone provides all the possible options of connectivity in a smartphone including the option of 4G LTE. The device is backed by a battery of size 3,000 mAh.

The phone has got a metal body and is available in the White, Gold and Black colours. The phone is currently available in China. The 2 GB variant of the phone costs $370 (24,000 Rs approx.) and the 3 GB variant costs $434 (28,000 Rs approx.) As to when will the phone will release in other parts of the world, that part is yet to be known.

Via: Huawei G8 Is Official; Metal Body, Snapdragon 615 In Tow

Replies

• DaveK
    DaveK
    Does this G8 phone include a removable battery? I don't buy any phone without an SD Card slot and a removable battery. Samsung is slowly going away as a vendor from which I'll buy future phones.
  • Jason Estibeiro
    Jason Estibeiro
    There has been no mention anywhere whether or not the battery is removable, so even I am unaware about that information currently.
    Will inform you as soon as I come to know.
  • DaveK
    DaveK
    Thanks, Jason. Appreciate the reply.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

“My time at the company was spent managing two skyboxes on the 17th green. They are literally on the golf course, and were continuously packed with people. Despite the hard...
Hi... I am Shyama Rao. Now I am studying in 5th semester diploma in metallurgical engineering in Karnataka. Ofter diploma for my degree course, I want to join COEP college...
If you haven't heard of the Chinese company 'OnePlus', please hand over your 'geek' badge to us. OnePlus is a smartphone company that made the boldest headlines as 'flagship killer'...
I NEED A FINAL YEAR PROJECT WORK ON THE TOPIC OF METALLURGY.