HTC's new Smart Phone: Thunderbolt

Taiwan based cell phone manufacturing company HTC has launched their new touch-screen Smart phone called Thunderbolt.

HTC makes it to be the first to launch a cell phone that has an integrated video Skype Mobile. This enables the users to video Skype to any device with no requirement of Wi-Fi coverage.

[​IMG]

The other technical specifications of the phone are –

[*]Operating System: Android 2.2 froyo OS powered by HTC sense and 1 GHz Snapdragon processor
    [*]Display: 4.3” WVGA TFT captive touchscreen
    [*]Memory:  8GB in-built with 768MB RAM memory plus an add on 32 GB MicroSD memory card
    [*]Camera: 8MP camera with auto focus and 2-LED flash, 1.3MP front facing camera
    [*]Color: Black
    [*]Other special features are: kickstand for easy video viewing, Dual mics with noise cancellation, Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR, GPS/AGPS, dolby and Surround Sound, compass sensor, gravity sensor, proximity sensor, light sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, microUSB, FM radio, LTE SIM Slot and a huge 1400mAh.

The massive 4.3” screen supports 800*480 pixels and I think that net browsing and watching movies on this screen is going to be fun. The 8 MP camera provides full HD video recording. The phone also has a mobile hotspot capability which can share a 4G connection with upto 8 wi-fi devices. Most exciting thing I found about this phone is the Skype feature of Thunderbolt. The SRS and Dolby features present simultaneously are quite common in laptops but rare in smart phones.

However the company could not come up with anything new in the messaging facilities and provides usual SMS, MMS and push message facilities. The phone seems to be inferior to HTC HD7 model when it comes to sandbytime and talktime.

The phone is yet to be launched in India but is expected to be available by the month of March, this year, at around 27000 INR. Taking a look at the features available, the phone can be expected to satisfy majority of its users. Thus, I find the phone quite a good choice in its segment. So, what do you think guys?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Co-Founder of Apple, Mr. Steve Wozniak (Woz) needs no introduction. He was the engineering force behind Apple I & II that led to revolution in the personal computing throughout the...
Intel's 6 Series Cougar Point Sandy Bridge Chipsets have been identified with a flaw that's likely to cost the company about $700 million for recall. The company is offering 'silicon...
An idea struck my mind which could be a great final year project idea 😁 . The idea is to develop a mobile app, preferably on Java for larger compatibility...
When you see something that is technically sweet, you just go for it and do it and after getting the success, you argue about what to do with it! That...
It always feels great to see 3D movies and one is always thrilled to play 3D games. It always creates a wonderful animated effect of something occurring in a realistic...