HP Spectre 13, World's Thinnest Laptop Has Price Tag Of Rs. 1,19,990 In India

The engineering heads at the leading electronics manufacturers seem to obsessed with producing the thinnest electronic gadgets. The latest one to claim the title of World's Thinnest Laptop is HP Spectre 13. HP India officially launched the Spectre 13 in Indian markets yesterday with a price tag of Rs. 1,19,990 and an eye on the rich Indian youth. While we'll take you through all the important hardware and software specs, we believe that HP is trying to compete with the laptop line from Apple - the Macbook and Macbook Air, to be specific.

The hardware and software specs do justify the price tag to a large extent. First, the body is just about 10.4 mm thick keeping the overall weight of the laptop just about 1.1 Kg. There's a 13.3", full HD Gorilla Glass 4 display with thin bezel. Users can choose between Intel Core i5 or i7 processor depending upon their specific needs. The 8GB memory should keep all things running smooth and 512 GB SSD will easily handle all read and write operations pretty fast. The laptop draws cool air using the hyperbaric cooling technology that lets the lower temperature air flow over the processor. The copper and black combo add to the premium look and feel of the laptop.

Unlike the Macbook which has just one USB-C port, HP Spectre 13 has three. Two of these ports are equipped with Thunderbolt capability; but you'll need an adapter to use them as USB ports. While there are lot of great features packed in the machine; there are few observations from reviewers that potential buyers need to keep in mind.

HP-Spectre-13-Price-India

Walt Mossberg from Mossberg: HP aims at the Mac with super-slim laptop - The Verge found out that the battery life was disappointing. With screen set to 100% brightness, power-saving features turned off and Wi-Fi on; the Spectre 13 lasted only for about 4 hours and 35 minutes. That means, with normal operating settings and power-saving turned on; the laptop should be able to do about 6-7 hours on single charge.

If you are coming from Apple ecosystem; you're likely to struggle with the trackpad; which seems to be a common issue with all the Windows machines. Mossberg also found out that fan noise is noticeable - and while there's a software update from HP; it doesn't fix the fan noise issue completely. We'd strongly recommend that potential buyers should check the machine at local HP outlet before buying it.

Ketan Patel, director of Personal Systems Business at HP India informed the press that his company is already a leader in Indian PC market. The premium HP Spectre 13 laptop is aimed at fulfilling the requirements of the young millennials.

Do let us know whether you think the price tag of Rs. 1,19,990 is justified for the hardware and software that Spectre 13 offers.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir, i have a small Developing firm and used to develop using VB6 but problem is that my client now wants to get remotely access their business trend using both...
Hello Guys Good Afternoon, I m new in these forum. These forum is marvelous platform to discuss and get some suggestions on various topics and difficulties. We are manufacturing ring...
Hi, I'm new here i wanna ask where i can put signature, i searched all settings but cant find there. so anyone tell me when will be signature allow.
I'm wondering what'd be faster. Let's say I've about 10K records which I need to search for autocomplete query. I believe I've two options- Source the data from a plain...
I completed my civil engineering , I have further decide to move in the field of construction management , and have entrepreneurial thoughts any suggestions by the elders and the...