How web server knows that the requests is get or post ?

when browser send request to the server, how server come to know that requst is get or post?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Gives you the clue?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    [Prototype]
    Gives you the clue?
    Hey what does this action attribute value indicate, I have never seen this before?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    goyal420
    Hey what does this action attribute value indicate, I have never seen this before?
    AFAIK, all forms that submits data has that attribute. It just specifies the location where the user data is to be sent for further processing. I took that snippet from CE itself.

A simple example would be,

This is send the data of login form to login.php.

Is this what you're asking?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    [Prototype]
    AFAIK, all forms that submits data has that attribute. It just specifies the location where the user data is to be sent for further processing. I took that snippet from CE itself.

A simple example would be,

This is send the data of login form to login.php.

Is this what you're asking?
    I know what does action attribute means, I want to know about this value

1. inline-mod/post/switch
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    goyal420
    I know what does action attribute means, I want to know about this value

1. inline-mod/post/switch
    Took that from CE, actually from this same page itself. 😁

Its certainly the url to some module specific to the CMS of this forum. Not a feature of html. Sorry, never thought it would create confusion like that. I now see where you're coming from.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    pranav Goswami
    when browser send request to the server, how server come to know that requst is get or post?
    GET or POST is defined as part of HTTP request header. You should read about TCP/IP programming if you need more details.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am in BE last year....pls give mi suggetions...about the computer security projects....
To disable the access to USB port, for pen drive: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK. 3. Locate,...
I am doing speech -music discrimination using matlab as my main project. In that i am having rms module , zcr module and lpc module. For each individual signal i...
Hello , I m Arun ,a b.tech 2012 passout . i have been searching for job since since June 2012 in Delhi Ncr . I know Java,J2ee,Android,Php,Drupal,Joomla. I joined a...
I have following questions p=VI If a power generated from a gas turbine is 300 megawatt, then what is the value of V & I in this power, and what...