How to track mobile location ?

how we track mobile location and get exact location on map?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sr patil
    how we track mobile location and get exact location on map?
    I think Android phones provide the facility to track your device. Android phones can be tracked on a map using the Android Device Tracker: #-Link-Snipped-# .

The procedure is simple:-
    • Login to the Android Device Manager (URL above) using the account active on your Android phone.
    • You should have the location settings turned on the android phone to let the device manager track your phone's current location.
    • I tried the service and Google could locate the phone accurately within 1.5Km. Not quite useful; but at least tells you how far is your phone from you.
    I hope this helps.

PS: I'm not sure if you're looking for a code or a program to track the phone. It'd be nice if you could describe your question a bit in more detail so that we can add more meaningful answers.
  • sr patil
    sr patil
    sir. i want to say using android mobile it gets but my query is about whether is is possible to track mobile location using browser .I didn't get information from the internet so i have query about this?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sr patil
    sir. i want to say using android mobile it gets but my query is about whether is is possible to track mobile location using browser .I didn't get information from the internet so i have query about this?
    Still not clear what you are saying. The Android Device Manager is accessible from the browser and it shows a map and the current location of your mobile, provided you have the 'location' settings in your phone (GPS Receiver) enabled. Give it a try.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    If you want to get location of your friend's location then you can use latitude option in Google map. You both have to login in Google map and then you can find location of each other.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Yes it is possible through HTML5, the below mentioned link has everything you need

HTML Geolocation API

Feel free to ask for any doubts

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration agency of the United States has announced details of its Asteroid Redirect Mission. In this mission NASA hopes to capture an asteroid with help...
Ever heard of term Genetic Engineering? Genetic engineering, also called genetic modification, is the direct manipulation of an organism's genome using biotechnology. New DNA may be inserted in the host...
This thing made me loose today's debate. Addicted to this. ๐Ÿ˜ Check it out!! https://www.whatsyourexcuse.co
We want to know whether anyone of you is noticing issues with Google Chrome (37) running on Windows - that prevent the quick reply box from loading at the bottom...
University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory have joined hands to initiate the "Array of Things" project in the city of Chicago in which they plan to install data collection...