How to start teaching.

Hello Guiz,
I have completed my B.Tech and currently working in IBM India Private LTD.
I am too much passionate about teaching. So I want to start my own tuition .
But i am not aware how to start.
Can any body help me out with this. Is there any portal or platform from where i can get my first student and start my teaching career.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moving this discussion to Entrepreneurship assuming that you want to get into teaching profession.

Here are possible ways -

Getting into teaching is extremely easy. All you need is a computer with a webcam (your laptop might already have it), a microphone and a whiteboard + marker.

Split the topics you wish to teach into very small sub-topics and create 30 minute videos, each explaining the topic in detail, discuss questions, examples etc. and upload that video to YouTube.

If you want to build a business around it - sign up for Google Adsense program and enable advertisements on your videos. That way, you will begin earning.

2. Build a website and offer your teaching services. Offer 5-6 free training videos on popular topics and offer teaching over Skype messenger (video calling) for a fixed hourly fee. You should be able to get students from all over the world over a period of time.

3. Tie up with an existing coaching class for teaching part-time and experience how it all works. You will get your own ideas.

4. You did not mention what topics you're interested in teaching. If you just want to do it for fun, simply get in touch with IBM's training department and see if you can conduct sessions relevant to your colleagues or junior / fresh joinees.
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    Thanks for you answer.
    But actually my main concern is that i want to teach in classroom or in personal(i.e home tuition).
    For classroom classes, i tried approaching the coaching institutes,
    but all that they want is an experienced faculty, but i dont have any certificate for teaching experience.
    For a freshers, they only want them to work as regular teacher and not as a part time faculty.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sndgpr26
    For classroom classes, i tried approaching the coaching institutes,
    but all that they want is an experienced faculty
    How many of these coaching classes did you approach? Are you sure you visited ALL?
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    Yes!
    In almost most of the classes i put my resume. But i got call from few of them and their demand is the same i mentioned above.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sndgpr26
    yes,
    In almost most of the classes i put my resume. But i got call from few of them and their demand is the same i mentioned above.
    Nope. Go and talk to them in person. Talk directly to the top guys and it definitely works. You've got to ask them to 'try' you once. Start part-time and then go full time.

Else, head over to any college and talk to authorities to let you conduct guest lectures. No college will ever deny that. You've got to make a start somewhere and I guess that's something you can definitely explore.
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    ok
    I will do the same.
    Thanks a lot for ur advise .
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    what is your topic of interest?
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    My topic of Interest is Physics for Class XI and XII.
    And Regarding Engineering subjects i am interested in
    1)Signal and System
    2)Communication System
    3)Control System
    4)Digital and Analog Electronics

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Almost everything is now being made available online for purchase, except the medicines. The reasons are quite obvious ones that one can think of: like the seller sends you a...
I am now using AOSP latest build 5.1.1_r13 LMY48J, with not a single google proprietary bits and some of my personal tweaks. No Play service, No Play store, No shitty...
Freelancing has become serious business now more than ever. Every startup out there hires freelancer services to design or develop products, to test their products and even to deliver customer...
I read somewhere while browsing that may be we (humans) are the aliens from some other place and are the reason for the destruction of dinosaurs. First I thought its...
Being a ECE student (2nd Year), plzz suggest Electronics working project (affordable & easy) .