How to start GATE preparation?

Sir i am going to complete my first year in BE in EE engineering. I am so strong that i will work only in core companies like bhel bee etc. But still i dint get a correct idea on how to prepare from now itself. i need to clear GATE exam with good score. So i want your ideas and advice on how to start my first step towards my goal. Your experience will surely help me a lot sir.
Thank You

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I've moved your post to the most appropriate section.
  • somuumos
    somuumos
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I've moved your post to the most appropriate section.
    oh Thanks do u have any suggestion for my question......
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For GATE (or any engineering exam), you need to be absolutely clear about the theoretical concepts. You'll also have to pay attention to the application of theory in practicals and be absolutely interested in studies. That'd make your studies very interesting and you won't need anything extra.

I'd strongly recommend joining a good GATE coaching institute. I'm tagging #-Link-Snipped-# to guide you with GATE studies.
  • somuumos
    somuumos
    If so, should I completely concentrate on my college syllabus or should i do some extra homework.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    To start GATE preparation means you will have to read your subject *concepts* thoroughly. That does not mean you have to read theory. Do not waste your time in reading theory. Spend time on concepts.

Solve as many multiple choice questions as possible. Attempt previous year questions. You will do well in GATE.

All the best.
  • somuumos
    somuumos
    ok sir but my doubt is should i concentrate more on college syllabus or should i do some extra work.
  • Rajkiran Sangoju
    Rajkiran Sangoju
    College syllabus doesn't give away all the required concepts needed. So better start solving other materials and previous gate papers so that you can even get an idea of how the question are being asked
  • Void Runner
    Void Runner
    Issue
    To start GATE preparation means you will have to read your subject *concepts*thoroughly.
    GATE is not really a conceptual exam. What you are talking about is problem solving techniques - those aren't concepts. Concepts are when you need to use the theory in a situation where any given equation or methodology is not clear. No entrance exam in India tests concepts.

To clear GATE you just need to have a lot of practice and experience in problem solving techniques - usually GATE questions are quite direct, you just need to figure out which formula and what path to go with when solving it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wishing many happy returns of the day to CEan @Abhijit Dey . Have a great one, fella!
So, we are soon launching a dedicated FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page on the CE Menu bar. Apart from the obvious questions that are answered here - https://www.crazyengineers.com/community/site-related-questions-answers.94/ i.e. the...
LG G Pro 2 is now in India. Amidst a lot of expectations and speculations, the smartphone cum phablet has entered an over-crowded Android phone market in India at a...
MoFirst Solutions Ltd., a company formed by three IIT graduates (Rakesh Deshmukh, Akash Dongre and Sudhir Bangarambandi,, has launched a new smartphone called "Firstouch" that lets a user translate all...
University of Glasgow has an Indian-origin researcher Dr. Ravinder Dahiya, a professor of electronic and nanoscale engineering, now working on making robots more touchy-feely than ever before. Imagine the future...