How to start a career in research and development

Hi,
I did CSE (80.4%) 2014 pass out student and currently working as a Java developer but I would like to start my career in research mainly in the government sector like ISRO, DRDO. But I don't know what are main subject they will ask on the screening test. Now I applied for CDAC till now I didn't get any confirmation or Hall Ticket from CDAC but I have hope they will call for screening test in the may last or June first. I am good in analytical paper, but poor on theoretical paper (Computer Arch., Network and OS) and Verbal. Within in the short time how to prepare for this section, each day I can spend four to five hours for preparation since I am working.

Thanks.

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    Murugeswari
    Hi,
    I did CSE (80.4%) 2014 pass out student and currently working as a Java developer but I would like to start my career in research mainly in the government sector like ISRO, DRDO. But I don't know what are main subject they will ask on the screening test. Now I applied for CDAC till now I didn't get any confirmation or Hall Ticket from CDAC but I have hope they will call for screening test in the may last or June first. I am good in analytical paper, but poor on theoretical paper (Computer Arch., Network and OS) and Verbal. Within in the short time how to prepare for this section, each day I can spend four to five hours for preparation since I am working.
    Thanks.
    You can try for GATE if you are having interest in research. Also many PSU's recruit through GATE exam (eg Indian Oil ), but you will have to work hard as cutoff's are high(especially for CS).
  • Murugeswari
    Murugeswari
    rahul69
    You can try for GATE if you are having interest in research. Also many PSU's recruit through GATE exam (eg Indian Oil ), but you will have to work hard as cutoff's are high(especially for CS).
    Thank You. I will apply gate for next year this time I will work hard to get my goal...
  • ram_149955
    ram_149955
    You don't need to spend 2 years in doing M.Tech for getting into ISRO or DRDO. Many of my friends are working in ISRO,DRDO, BARC, BEL india with B.TECH degree.
    You have very good percentage. Just start applying for all the PSUs.

Subjects you need to be good at are: STLD, OS, Computer Networks, Datastructures, Algorithms.

Good Luck!
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    ram_149955
    You don't need to spend 2 years in doing M.Tech for getting into ISRO or DRDO. Many of my friends are working in ISRO,DRDO, BARC, BEL india with B.TECH degree.
    You have very good percentage. Just start applying for all the PSUs.

Subjects you need to be good at are: STLD, OS, Computer Networks, Datastructures, Algorithms.

Good Luck!
    Dear friend, I was not suggesting GATE for doing MTech only. You may be unaware, but many of the PSU's require GATE score mandatory to apply for jobs, Eg: IOCL, BPCL, Coal India Ltd, ONGC, NHAI, to name a few.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

New ways to interact with our hand held devices always amaze us with the possibilities that they unlock. A team from Disney Research group got together with Carnegie Melon University...
We want our 3D printers to do more. Most new 3D printing mechanisms are introducing easy-to-use or cheaper variants, but nobody is fully exploiting their potential to create entire new...
` Can u help me a project titles on irrigation engineering aspects?
Most lithium-ion batteries in use today contain iron fluoride, an element that has the potential to triple their energy storage. However, scientists haven't utilised its true potential as of now....
Micromax Informatics Limited has launched a new low-budget dual-SIM (GSM+ GSM) smartphone called ‘Micromax Canvas Spark’ based on dominant Android platform. Priced at Rs 4,999, the latest 3G smartphone in...