How to seem smart in meetings without really trying

(From Wash Post)
Quote: Americans hold about 11 million meetings a day on average, and workers say about one-third of that meeting time is unproductive. But while your company may not be making any progress in that meeting, you can always use it as an opportunity to remind everyone how smart and important you are. Endquote
All of it applies in India as well.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Nod continuously while pretending to take notes.
    Repeat the last thing the smartest person in the room has already said, just very,very slowly - emphasising on each word!

^ Been there, done that. 😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    #7 & #9 works well for me 😎

By the way, is there a thread here on CE that discusses on how to actually have a productive meeting? haha

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Turing Robotic Industries have announced their new Android smartphone that not just offers secure communication capabilities like the well known Blackphone, it is also being claimed to be one of...
Name: Edson Bundala, Location: Tanzania, Occupation: Student at SUA
Xiaomi gives itself another reason to stand among world's top three smartphone distributors. This Chinese handset manufacturer has launched another trump card of a phone called Mi 4i which could...
I am basically from nagpur, studying in NIT surat, Computer Engineering ,3rd year. I wanted to do summer internship in nagpur. can you help me with this? i meant can...
So I am creating a Java+SQL desktop application.Which is a better RDBMS?SQLite or MySQL ? I Googled it and in one site it says that SQLite is an embedded RDBMS...