How to score high in BITSAT? Preparation tips & strategies.

One of the top engineering entrance exams in India, BITSAT is the test that BITS Pilani aspirants are ready to kill for. Since the competition is really tough and the no. of aspirants are so many, one has to be really well prepared to be able to qualify. I realised today that we don't have a discussion thread dedicated to BITSAT preparations. A place where we can share with each other the best practices, the tips & tricks, the methods and strategies that can be used to score high in BITSAT. Many 10+2 students wish for BITS Pilani as their engineering college and are on the lookout for the best ways to score high and clear cut-offs in the BITSAT results. This thread is dedicated to all such students who want really high scores in BITSAT.

I will be sharing the top points that I gathered through my humble Google search below -

BITSAT is made up of 5 sections -
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
One has to concentrate on each topic after careful analysis of the paper pattern, the prescribed syllabus and the weightage given to each topic.

Top Preparation tips to score high in BITSAT -
  1. Covering the entire syllabus is a MUST. Do not underestimate any chapter. Study all parts of the syllabus to leave no stone unturned.
  2. Focus on theory first. Let numerical problems on the paper be the next on your list. You will be wasting your time if you directly go on the numericals.
  3. Since it is an online test, you need to take at least a couple of mock tests before the big exam day. This way you will know the system well.
  4. Revise all the important formulae very well.
  5. English Proficiency is neglected by many students. If you have good command over English, this is the section where you can gain maximum marks and build an edge.
  6. Most competitive exams are all about the speed. So, sometimes even if you know all the correct answers, you won't score high because you failed to attempt them all. So, focus on maintaining a good pace. Try to cover at least 90% questions in every practice test. (Note: Target for 1 minute per question)
  7. As important as speed is accuracy. Even if you have clear understanding of all topics, but can't understand the question properly and hence mark the incorrect answer, you are doomed. Focus on getting all the questions you attempt correct.
  8. Do not forget to attempt those 12 extra questions (that appear when you complete all 150 questions) if you aiming for a 350+ score.
Remember: Answering 120 questions correctly means a score of 360 - this makes you eligible for admission into BITS Pilani.

Let's share more tips and tricks here!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, i m doing Mtech 2nd yr. I want suggestion about recent topics in networking. or any project idea related to VoIP and BGP. thank you
#include #include struct node { int data ; struct node *next,*prev; }; int main() { int n ,m,a,count=0,i,j; char rot; scanf("%d",&n); fflush(stdin); scanf("%d",&m); fflush(stdin); printf("\n"); struct node *head1=NULL,*rear1,*ptr,*temp,*head2=NULL,*rear2; if(head1==NULL)...
Most of the Toy RC helicopters available in market are of having a different rotor mechanism compared to original big helicopters. In toy RC helicopters, there will be two rotor...
what is this quote-multiquote. I didnt get it
Born and brought up in Mumbai, Lakshmi Ananthamurthy is a Construction Engineer by degree and an MBA graduate from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business. A mother of...