How to Remove Write Protection on USB Pen Drive

I have a SanDisk 16GB pendrive, when i'm trying to copy any content from USB to PC or viceversa its showing "Your Disk is Write Protected". Same is the case when I'm trying to format it .

Need your Suggestions.

Replies

• HRG
    HRG
    try this ..

Open the Windows Registry editor with the shortcut Windows-r, enter regedit into the form and press the return key on the keyboard.

Navigate to the following Registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies

note that you may need to create the key StorageDevicePolicies if it does not exist. Select the key afterwards and right-click into the right window. Select New > Dword (32-bit) Value from the context menu and name the entry WriteProtect.

Double-click the new entry afterwards and change the value from 0 to 1. A value of 1 disables writing to all connected USB devices. If you want to enable writing again you need to change the value of the key to 0.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    HRG
    try this ..

Open the Windows Registry editor with the shortcut Windows-r, enter regedit into the form and press the return key on the keyboard.

Navigate to the following Registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies

note that you may need to create the key StorageDevicePolicies if it does not exist. Select the key afterwards and right-click into the right window. Select New > Dword (32-bit) Value from the context menu and name the entry WriteProtect.

Double-click the new entry afterwards and change the value from 0 to 1. A value of 1 disables writing to all connected USB devices. If you want to enable writing again you need to change the value of the key to 0.

Tried those steps But it did'nt work out.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am 2012 batch passout ece, graduate searching for jobs other than which involve programming ,due to family problems i started my career intially in a wrong way b doing...
Hi CE'ans ! Glad to post my new Question here ! Currently iam working on a RTC (Abracon AB 1804) chip.When i referred a schematic there was a connection denoted...
Quote: Barcelona, Spain-based R&D firm Avinent, in partnership with the software development company Droiders, has developed Avinent Glass, a new app for Google Glass that guides and assists surgeons through...
What better place for this post than 'The Cafe'? The next level perhaps is to have robots to eat the food. Quote: Normally, when I cook, I’m on my own...
The Research team of Penn State University and Cornell University physicists has discovered a novel material for studying the concept of “spin-transfer torque”. The new substance is a combination of...