How to recover my memory card?

I have two memory cards with similar problems.The main problem is that my memory card cannot be accessed by through both phone and pc.But If I insert it in my Nokia phone it display a memory card icon along with a small lock icon over it but I had never set a password for it and when i connect it through memory card reader to pc, it doesn't show it.
i don't want the content in it so formatting is fair but i am not able to format through phone.
Also if possible provide me the details on how yo remove password which was set through my Nokia phone.
Help if you can.
thanks.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    My friend usually have this problem, in regular basis (LOL IDK why ?) . All I do is insert sd card, mount it & format it with ntfs first, then unmount it. Then mount again & format it in ext4, unmount it, now again remount it & format it in fat32. (I use gparted to all this)
    Since, gparted ain't available for Windows (or is it ?) , you can use mini-tool partition wizard, it will read that sdcard, even if it's dead.

Somehow, this method works for me & my friend. And I don't know why & how. 😛
  • Senthamil VM
    Senthamil VM
    @#-Link-Snipped-# I have tried your trick by inserting my 1gb memory card into my pc via a card reader and opened mini partition tool but the mini partition tool also doesn't recognise my memory card. I haven't put any password on my memory card. Even I have tried using memory card recovery software which I have downloaded from the link given in mini partition tool....I don't want any data from my memory card..but I need my memory card back....help me if you can
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - Note @#-Link-Snipped-# & @#-Link-Snipped-# are two different people tagged. Please make sure that you tag correct user IDs so that they get notified through alerts and email 😀 .
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    I have two memory cards with similar problems.The main problem is that my memory card cannot be accessed by through both phone and pc.But If I insert it in my Nokia phone it display a memory card icon along with a small lock icon over it but I had never set a password for it and when i connect it through memory card reader to pc, it doesn't show it.
    i don't want the content in it so formatting is fair but i am not able to format through phone.
    Also if possible provide me the details on how yo remove password which was set through my Nokia phone.
    Help if you can.
    thanks.
    try to use method given to i think it solves your problem
    Recover ur invisible memory card
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    I also faced similar problem when my digicam's memory card was not displayed. I simply went to my computers-->tools--> folder options-->views --> (Uncheck this Option) Hide protected operation system files (Recommended) . a message box will appear click ok. After this the DCIM folder was visible. try this...Hope this may help
  • Dhayalan.S
    Dhayalan.S
    i have two solutions for that
    1.If you have windows7 install minitool partition in that choose your memory card and format it
    2.if your using linux or ubuntu format your memory and choose fat default for windows

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

WHY? (From most likely to least.) #1 Factor: Environment #2 Factor: Brand/Model #3 Factor: Electrical Design supporting PLC #4 Factor: PLC Management WHAT? (From most likely to least.) PLC output...
Gionee Mobile India has launched a new phablet in its GPad series called the Gionee GPad G3. Based in Delhi, Gionee is a company that has been steadily launching new...
A successor to the Q700 smartphone, Flipkart has listed the new smartphone XOLO Q700i at a price in India tag of Rs. 11,999. Though the domestic handset and tablet manufacturer...
hi, When we compute the pinch off voltage for an n channel JFET, we always do it by keeping Vgs = 0 and then the value of Vds for which...
hello everyone, Could you provide the explanation for the negative coefficient of thermal resistance of a JFET device in terms of electrons, holes and their transport mechanism etc. In want...