How to prepare for SAIL MT exam?

I want to prepare for SAIL Management Trainee (Technical) Exam which is to be held on 23rd March , 2014
Plz suggest me some good study materials and tips for the preparation..

Replies

• yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    i do not get why all the engineers are flow towards the management field whats the fault in engineering and if there is fault why should we take it?
    by the way best of luck for your exam but think about it.
  • bala chandar
    bala chandar
    princess_priiya
    I want to prepare for SAIL Management Trainee (Technical) Exam which is to be held on 23rd March , 2014
    which
    princess_priiya
    as an electronics student, you should known all the basics about your core subjects.

Here the examiner doesn't want you to solve the problem...
    So he will ask you the small and basic questions and he expects some concept from you...
    So study the formulae from made easy institute, and get some real theoritical knowledge.

As this test is far beyond technical knowledge, there is a sectional cutoff from all the sections... So you must be aware of the sections of what you have to be go through...

Coming to aptitude and reasoning section, prepare all the things like pipes and cisterns, finding average , time and distance, finding age related, time and work, clocks, percentages, statements and conclusions...

The preferable book is quant for R.s. Agarwal. Well, I think you should be aware of that...

for the grammatical section of English, wren and martin grammar is so far enough.
    To get the real word knowledge, word power made easy by Norman.k.lewis is necessary.

For the current affairs section, updation of daily knowledge through t.v or through newspapers are quite important. Most of all, you should have know what have done from the past 6 months or so...so, you should be know all the related issues that are occured in national and international.
    manorama year 2014 is enough for the past year.

as cutoff is there, to get well in the written test, you need to get a minimum of 25 marks per session in the non-technical area, and 70% in the technical area, I.e., 70 marks...

So prepare well and all the best for your exam
  • princess_priiya
    princess_priiya
    Thankyou so much... I'll surely consider your suggestions.. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thank you for raising this question.

From what I found on some good websites, the Management trainee syllabus covers 5 segments that is divided in 2 parts:
    1. Domain Knowledge Test (duration 75 minutes) - 100 marks
    2. Aptitude Test (duration 75 minutes) - 100 marks
    Aptitude test contains 4 segments and each segments carry 25 marks each
    1. Quantitative Aptitude - 25 marks
    2. Verbal Ability - 25 marks
    3. Reasoning - 25 marks
    4. General Awareness - 25 marks

Candidates will have to qualify in each of the 5 segments for the respective discipline by scoring minimum 50 percentile marks in the respective category. Candidates who will qualify the written examination, they will be called for Group Discussion and Interview round.

How was your exam experience priiya? Could you share it with fellow engineers? It will help others who are preparing for the same.
    Also, when are the results expected to be out?
  • princess_priiya
    princess_priiya
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thank you for raising this question.

From what I found on some good websites, the Management trainee syllabus covers 5 segments that is divided in 2 parts:
    1. Domain Knowledge Test (duration 75 minutes) - 100 marks
    2. Aptitude Test (duration 75 minutes) - 100 marks
    Aptitude test contains 4 segments and each segments carry 25 marks each
    1. Quantitative Aptitude - 25 marks
    2. Verbal Ability - 25 marks
    3. Reasoning - 25 marks
    4. General Awareness - 25 marks

Candidates will have to qualify in each of the 5 segments for the respective discipline by scoring minimum 50 percentile marks in the respective category. Candidates who will qualify the written examination, they will be called for Group Discussion and Interview round.

How was your exam experience priiya? Could you share it with fellow engineers? It will help others who are preparing for the same.
    Also, when are the results expected to be out?
    on the whole GK and Technical part was too easy... li'l learning of basics will help..
    only the problem with SAIL exam is "LESS TIME"
    you don't get much time to solve reasoning and aptitude.. if you are able to solve problems faster than you can crack the exam.. otherwise , overall the paper was easy..
    i also was not able to copeup with the time.. Time Management playsa mojor role in this exam...
    moreover, No idea about results..
    All the best to the students who are going to attempt SAIL MT Trainee exam in future.. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
  • kumarrakeshit
    kumarrakeshit
    Oh, you want to prepare your exam. Its a vary easy do one thing, every morning do the yoga and in after noon take some juice. And slowly slowly you get your life aim.

Best of luck.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Those who prefer referring books for preparing for the SAIL MT exam, here is a list that you might find useful -
    Books by R.S. Aggarwal titled:
    • Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations
    • A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning
    • A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
    Books by GK Publications for:
    1. SAIL MT (Technical) Mechanical Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide
    2. SAIL MT (Technical) Computer Science Recruitment Exam Guide
    3. SAIL MT (Technical) Electrical Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide
    4. SAIL MT (Technical) Electronics Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide
    5. SAIL MT (Technical) Instrumentation Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide
    6. SAIL MT (Technical) Civil Engineering Recruitment Exam Guide
    7. SAIL MT (Admin) Finance Recruitment Exam Guide

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A highly sophisticated cyber-espionage has been uncovered after seven years by Kaspersky Labs. The operation named "The Mask" infected 380+ high-profile targets across 31 countries. Kaspersky researchers said that the...
Indian politics is witnessing a lot of interesting times since last ~3 years. The nation that many people believe will become a superpower in the next few years is now...
need a current amplifier circuit with current source as input of low ac current ...... anyone give The ckt plsss
Lenovo has launched its new smartphone Vibe Z in India with much aplomb at a price tag of Rs. 35,999. It was first launched in China back in November 2013...
hai frds, After a long gap i am using this forum, really happy to see you again guys, Ok, lets get into one discussion I am working in embedded field,...