How To Improve Spoken English?

first of all before telling to my problem i wish to share something from you becouse it tells about what is my actual problem.eventhough i was born in city i was admitted to gvt kannada medium school. i had the english as a subject from 5th standard eventhough i had that subject i did not concentrate on english the teachers were not gave attaintion to me.but i was good at maths with littel bit of english knowldge i was passed sslc and puc science by self hard effort and took ranking in cet exam.and took gvt engineering collage i am good at maths with little bit of english knowledge.eventhough i m in final year i cant write correct sentence without spelling mistakes and my grammer is not good and handwriting is also very worst so that i cant got good marks in exams and i cant tell my opinions in the class room and till i did not attended my seminar classes but now i am suffering a lot of problem with it.you may confuse with what i told and what i did by writting this story i really tell you that i took three hours to write above lines with trial and error method.what is my problem i dont now. my parents and teachers did not recognized about it. now i am facing lot of problems to communicate still i did not speak my words openly with anybody in my collage or society.help me if you know the answer

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Don't worry. English is not the native language of many of us here. All of us make grammar, spelling and composition errors.
    You have done a good job of putting across your problem. That is what communication is about.
    Kannada kasturi antha khelidhiro illavo?(You have heard that Kannada is kasturi, haven't you?)
    If you can learn maths you have the capacity to learn English. There are many online coaching sites. There are many threads in CE itself that covers this issue.
    You are not alone. Just get on with things. Nobody minds short comings of a person with a foreign language. Performance of the person as an engineer is what counts. I have worked with many top Japanese technical people, who communicated virtually in sign language and sounds.
    Just spend 30 minutes a day on bettering your English.
    See the discussions here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    thanku
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    One of the best way to learn English is participating in forums, reading threads blogs, etc.

I significantly improved my English after joining CE!
  • rashmi_rajawat
    rashmi_rajawat
    i think watching English shows and movies would help too....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The only way to learn to speak a language is by speaking it โ˜•
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Man it's cool don't worry ! we're even ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I usually stand infront of mirror & speak to myself.
    I suggest you to do same, it's fun though, you know.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    Don't worry comrade..! We are all sailing on the same boat..! Just Read The newspaper Daily with a Dictionary(with simple phonetics for pronunciations..) with you..! At first, it'll be very difficult grasping certain words..! But, as time goes by you'll definitely catch up..! If U develop your listening and reading(try reading as many articles as possible) skills, Speaking skills will definitely find you..!
    Regards..! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    The_Big_K
    The only way to learn to speak a language is by speaking it โ˜•
    sir! if i speak by my self how can i know that i m speaking in the right way or not,
  • SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    Troll_So_Hard
    Man it's cool don't worry ! we're even ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I usually stand infront of mirror & speak to myself.
    I suggest you to do same, it's fun though, you know.
    if i speak by my self how can i know that i m speaking in the right way or not,
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    if i speak by my self how can i know that i m speaking in the right way or not,
    How do you know that your English is poor ?
    Gradually by reading & speaking, you will start understanding your mistakes.
  • SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    Troll_So_Hard
    How do you know that your English is poor ?
    Gradually by reading & speaking, you will start understanding your mistakes.
    ok i will try
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Use the resources on this site:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    bioramani
    Don't worry. English is not the native language of many of us here. All of us make grammar, spelling and composition errors.
    You have done a good job of putting across your problem. That is what communication is about.
    Kannada kasturi antha khelidhiro illavo?(You have heard that Kannada is kasturi, haven't you?)
    If you can learn maths you have the capacity to learn English. There are many online coaching sites. There are many threads in CE itself that covers this issue.
    You are not alone. Just get on with things. Nobody minds short comings of a person with a foreign language. Performance of the person as an engineer is what counts. I have worked with many top Japanese technical people, who communicated virtually in sign language and sounds.
    Just spend 30 minutes a day on bettering your English.
    See the discussions here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    sir yesterdy i have campused in compony,knowledge worked out sir while taking with the interviewer i mixed little bit kannada.i m the one who campused with lowest marks among other campused students.your suggetions got the confidence thanks a lot
  • SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    thanks to you all
  • optimystix@
    optimystix@
    You can use "You're hired" book by nasha fitter of penguinbooks publication
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    to learn english effectively the basic thing is read NEWS PARERS of low level language and watch your mother tounge movies with english subtitles,and refer some grammer books available in the market

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

plz provide some study material for this cell breathing techniques for load balancing
Plz anyone tell me the uses and applications of Knuckle Joint.............
hello madam, my name is kumarappan. i am studying mechanical engineering final year and i am having some ideas about sky car. give some ideas about the project and job...
please suggest me a working model that i can create.....
Checkout the link guys- https://htwins.net/scale2/?bordercolor=white