How to get Job in IT After 2 Years Business Experience - Confused?

Hi,
I am an electrical engineer, 2012 batch. Rather than taking up regular jobs, I ventured out in a business domain. The business failed to materialize after 2 years of toil. But now due to these circumstances , I wish to take up a job in IT domain as a fresher. After some layman research over the net, I am thinking to take up a course in either Java or .net .
I find myself comfortable with C++ language , and hence other object oriented concepts. So Java does fits my previous knowledge. Apart from that i wish to learn PHP after completing my Java course.
Apart from that I know about the exams like e-litmus and amcat which can provide me a platform for a so called fresher like me.
So I am pretty much confused what direction to proceed up further because now this is a do-or-die situation for me.
Please help !!
(I have a basic knowledge about HTML and website templates like joomla.)
Thanks in advance
Shashank

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Starting from fresher level is easy for you. You have struggled in your career, this is a plus point. No one except a fresher to know high level things, they just want a candidate with little knowledge and they need to foresee ability to learn and execute by them self.
    In interview, are you going to tell you ventured and failed?? If yes, This is the most important question of your interview. You have to show them, you tried to keep up but something not allowed to. Next, why you want to come in IT field?
    Have a strong answer of these question and you will get the job.
    Keep in mind, don't lie and prepare answer by yourself.
    Of-course you need to pass their technical written test before, interview level.
  • Shashank Salunkhe
    Shashank Salunkhe
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion #-Link-Snipped-# .
    Still it doesn't solves my confusion.
    So are you suggesting me to take up e-litmus test or do a course in Core and Advanced Java from some institute, which promise so called "100% placement assistance" . But i am sceptical about their promises from what i learned form a few people around me.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Shashank Salunkhe
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion #-Link-Snipped-# .
    Still it doesn't solves my confusion.
    So are you suggesting me to take up e-litmus test or do a course in Core and Advanced Java from some institute, which promise so called "100% placement assistance" . But i am sceptical about their promises from what i learned form a few people around me.
    Calling one company and allowing you to compete there is "100% placement assistance". There's a difference between guarantee and assistance so yeah, the institutes do have placement assistance program.

I would suggest you to go through the way of the institute rather than these exams. You'll get small yet better opportunities to enhance your experience and enter into the industry. Once you entered, it's solely in your hands how you can move forward. The main problem here is entrance and I feel you would appreciate any "assistance" you can get.
  • Shashank Salunkhe
    Shashank Salunkhe
    Thanks a lot @[Prototype] .
    Well i did not mean to point out to any specific institute here. The name came up for the entrance exam company as I don know any other company in this regard.
    Anyway , thanks for your suggestion, I will keep this in mind to start everything new.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Shashank Salunkhe
    Thanks a lot @[Prototype] .
    Well i did not mean to point out to any specific institute here. The name came up for the entrance exam company as I don know any other company in this regard.
    Anyway , thanks for your suggestion, I will keep this in mind to start everything new.
    Make sure you research about the institutes well before you make a decision. Internet is full of reviews. You should spend a week or two to read everything that's available on internet before you make up a decision to join.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I would say make sure tutor is good, ask for some mockup classes. Seek for best tutor rather than 100% placement.
    Try to reach out some startups in your city, when you feel you are good at in programming language.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Normally we associate jetpacks with flight but the folks over at Arizona State University are employing this futuristic means of transport to help soldiers fun faster and longer. With some...
I am Certainly Stuck Regarding the HR questions 1.Why I am choosing the IT industry and not Electronics 2.Why I am choosing the ACCENTURE and not other and I had...
is there any standards given by the organizing committee of gate 2015 for the format of certificate from principal/HOD...if so plz give the link..
Hello guys recently i was in search of Free Group SMS sending site. I'm using way2sms.com currently, but sometimes its policy doesn't allow messaging in odd times to send information...
Happy Engineers Day to all the CEans over here. Can we have a collection of images regarding Engineers or Engineers Day. Expecting a good image from @Ankita Katdare. Here is...