How to find out the location through IMEI id

I am making an android app and I want to get the values of latitude and longitude of a particular user depending on the IMEI unique id of the android phone,but I am not getting any idea how to write the code,so please guide

Replies

• Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    radha gogia
    I am making an android app and I want to get the values of latitude and longitude of a particular user depending on the IMEI unique id of the android phone,but I am not getting any idea how to write the code,so please guide
    Why do you want to go for IMEI when android phones have GPS service?
    You should probably use that. You can start up looking at the question on stack overflow.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    It is possible, few days ago I met one of the security guard of CM of Punjab, he said while on duty they can't use their personal mobile phones, they have to deposit it, but to track if someone don't misuse their mobile phones they have some service based on IMEI number, that will just give them alert whenever someone try to send sms or make call using their mobile phone, not sure How it was possible though
  • Gad
    Gad
    I think it would be great to have that technology. Does it mean that the same technology could be used track laptops using their serial nos
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Gad
    I think it would be great to have that technology. Does it mean that the same technology could be used track laptops using their serial nos
    That can be done if we can sniff MAC address or some utility if somebody gets connected with internet using your laptop then you will get notification.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

"I will embed all the lectures if you need. So Please comment" Lecture:- 88 Full Subtractor (Part 1) Lecture:-41 Binary Division Lecture:-95 Programmable Logic Array (PLA) Lecture:- 83 Comparison between...
Hi, I purchased Acer Aspire S7-392 five months ago. It was working fine until 3 weeks ago. I am facing a weird problem as now I haven't heard such case...
In a joint research work done by University of Surrey, University of Southampton and University of Cambridge, it has come to the light that our scientist might be able to...
@Gollapinni Karthik Sharma - Wishing you a sparkling Happy Birthday.🎉
If you are curious about the research in the field of electric cars, here's something to truly dazzle your brain. A team of researchers from Queensland University of Technology (QUT)...