How to find interest?

Being a 3rd year cse student I'm not really sure what I want to do. I don't know what my interests are. So how does one start to find their interest?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Why did you choose CSE in the first place and how did you last three years if it did not interest you?
    Try this:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was planning to write an article on this topic. Maybe I will write it so that others can comment and help make it better.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Aishwarya Nair
    Being a 3rd year cse student I'm not really sure what I want to do. I don't know what my interests are. So how does one start to find their interest?
    I will be a bit optimistic here for you and tell you that it's good that you've atleast started asking that question to yourself. Most people go through their entire lives without finding exactly what is it that interests them and simply pass their months and years following the herd. You don't want to be a cattle following set career paths. Instead, it's good that you want to pursue your interests. Now coming to your question - How to find interests?
    Well, the best way is 'trial and error'. Do a lot of things. Choose something that you've loved doing in the past and try devoting at least 3-4 hours of your day doing that with complete dedication. You'll soon find out if it bores you or you are attracted to it more and more. Do remember that for any results to be seen, you need to spend sufficient amount of time toying with it. (I have experienced that once you get a hang of things, they start seeming to be interesting!)
    Now since you are already a ~ 20 year old who has chosen a serious career line like Computer Science, you need to see what is it within the boundaries of CS (which really is limitless) that can align with you interests. There are tons of fields - Be it programming, testing, computer graphics, animation, designing, computer architecture, networking so and so forth. One can build a career out of any one of those subjects. First shortlist them into 2-3 subjects that you like the most. Read about them 'extensively' on the internet. Check out the kind of jobs people do in that field. Read experiences written on blogs or forums. Talk to a real life guy you know who is in the same career line. Do not slack off or stay idle for too long. Take charge to discover your passion and before long you will see yourself chasing your dreams.

All the best! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Power generation through speed breaker
Hi, I am Deepika. Have recently joined this community. I read the forums and pulled me to become part of CRAZY ENGINEERS. Well, i had few doubts. Right now i...
sr, i waana to make my own robot but i have no idea of making . how am i started to make it. how i manage the whole thing... can...
hi i want to use rfm12 module to send the vote of participantes to a receiver there are 50 transmitters (one for ) the problem is that ,if two person...
Greetings! I have small confusion with IS 2911 (Part 1/ Section 2). I have attached the screen shot of spacing of pile part which I read in IS 2911. Actually...