How to extract audio from video in java

How to extract audio from video in java

I actually want to extract one audio file from a video file and then convert that audio file into text in further stage after which that text would be saved in a document .If anyone has worked on it or can provide some links ,please do so because i m searching but not getting any useful content.

Answer:

Certainly! To extract audio from a video file in Java, you can use the FFmpeg library, which is a powerful multimedia framework. FFmpeg provides various functions for working with multimedia files, including extracting audio.

Here's an example code snippet that demonstrates how to extract audio from a video file using FFmpeg in Java:

import java.io.BufferedReader;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.InputStreamReader;

public class AudioExtractor {

public static void main(String[] args) {
        String videoPath = "path/to/video.mp4";  // Replace with your video file path
        String outputPath = "path/to/output/audio.mp3";  // Replace with the desired output audio file path

try {
            // Build FFmpeg command
            String[] cmd = {"ffmpeg", "-i", videoPath, "-vn", "-acodec", "copy", outputPath};

// Run FFmpeg command
            Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(cmd);

// Read FFmpeg output
            BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(process.getErrorStream()));
            String line;
            while ((line = reader.readLine()) != null) {
                System.out.println(line);
            }

// Wait for FFmpeg to complete
            int exitCode = process.waitFor();
            if (exitCode == 0) {
                System.out.println("Audio extraction successful!");
            } else {
                System.out.println("Audio extraction failed!");
            }
        } catch (IOException | InterruptedException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }
}

In the code above, you need to replace the videoPath variable with the actual path to your video file and set the outputPath variable to the desired path for the extracted audio file. The FFmpeg command -vn specifies that only the audio should be extracted, and -acodec copy ensures that the audio is not re-encoded, maintaining its original format.

Once you have extracted the audio file, you can further process it to convert it into text using various speech-to-text libraries or services.

There are several options available, such as the Google Cloud Speech-to-Text API or the Mozilla DeepSpeech library.

Please note that using FFmpeg requires it to be installed on your system and available in the system's PATH.

You can download FFmpeg from the official website https://ffmpeg.org and make sure it is correctly installed and accessible from the command line before running the Java code.

I hope this helps you get started with audio extraction in Java!

Replies

• radha gogia
    radha gogia
    I have imported the respective jar files but one audio clip is generated but it is of 0 bytes and i am getting this error.

[main] ERROR org.ffmpeg - [mp3 @ 04D5F8A0] Invalid audio stream. Exactly one MP3 audio stream is required.
    [main] ERROR com.xuggle.xuggler - Error: could not write header for container (../../../../../../../csrc/com/xuggle/xuggler/Container.cpp:827)
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Try this
    JAVE - Manual

I just tried this and, it works perfectly fine.
    Make sure you give correct path of source file.

import it.sauronsoftware.jave.InputFormatException;

public class AviToMp3 {

/**
         * @param args
         */
            File source = new File("source.avi");
            File target = new File("target.mp3");
            AudioAttributes audio = new AudioAttributes();
            audio.setCodec("libmp3lame");
            audio.setBitRate(new Integer(128000));
            audio.setChannels(new Integer(2));
            audio.setSamplingRate(new Integer(44100));
            EncodingAttributes attrs = new EncodingAttributes();
            attrs.setFormat("mp3");
            attrs.setAudioAttributes(audio);
            Encoder encoder = new Encoder();
            try {
                encoder.encode(source, target, attrs);
            } catch (IllegalArgumentException | EncoderException e) {
                // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                e.printStackTrace();
            }

}

}

• radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Anoop Kumar
    Try this
    JAVE - Manual

I just tried this and, it works perfectly fine.
    Make sure you give correct path of source file.

public class AviToMp3 {

/**
         * @param args
         */
            File source = new File("source.avi");
            File target = new File("target.mp3");
            attrs.setFormat("mp3");
            try {
            } catch (IllegalArgumentException | EncoderException e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            }

}

}

thanku sir ,I got the mp3 file through the code,but now the major task left is of getting the text from the mp3 file,I tried to read the file and then displayed some unknown characters on the screen by reading byte by byte,but don't know how to proceed further.Please help me out,its really urgent rght nw to complete my project.
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    radha gogia
    thanku sir ,I got the mp3 file through the code,but now the major task left is of getting the text from the mp3 file,I tried to read the file and then displayed some unknown characters on the screen by reading byte by byte,but don't know how to proceed further.Please help me out,its really urgent rght nw to complete my project.
    I just followed one link ,but cnt understabd it,plz visit it once.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    radha gogia
    getting the text from the mp3 file,
    What kind of text you want to extract? Media Information?
    It is there
    public it.sauronsoftware.jave.MultimediaInfo getInfo(java.io.File source)
                                                 throws it.sauronsoftware.jave.InputFormatException,
                                                        it.sauronsoftware.jave.EncoderException

• radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Anoop Kumar
    What kind of text you want to extract? Media Information?
    It is there
    public it.sauronsoftware.jave.MultimediaInfo getInfo(java.io.File source)
                                                 throws it.sauronsoftware.jave.InputFormatException,
                                                        it.sauronsoftware.jave.EncoderException

I want to extract the lyrics from the audio file and then make a text document of those lyrics.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If it is part of metadata then you can extact it. Otherwise are you trying to get voice recognition
    See this: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Anoop Kumar
    If it is part of metadata then you can extact it. Otherwise are you trying to get voice recognition
    See this: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Yes ,it is a case of voice recognition only and I am trying to get the words,actually they will be extracted from a lecture audio,so firstly i have to remove noise signals and extract only the tracker voice ,also the format in which sphinx which actually works as a voice recongintion tool in java works is through microphone and i have to extract it through mp3 file so thats the major issue.
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Yes ,it is a case of voice recognition only and I am trying to get the words,actually they will be extracted from a lecture audio,so firstly i have to remove noise signals and extract only the tracker voice ,also the format in which sphinx which actually works as a voice recongintion tool in java works is through microphone and i have to extract it through mp3 file so thats the major issue.
    so now ,please tell what to do now??
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Honestly, I don't know about it.
    I will give a shot today and let you know if I found something.
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Anoop Kumar
    Honestly, I don't know about it.
    I will give a shot today and let you know if I found something.
    I am trying to convert first the mp3 file now to .wav file ,and then I will try to get some text if possible.I had discussed this ques on my linkledin network and i got some solutions,so please look at it if you understand something,
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    radha gogia
    I am trying to convert first the mp3 file now to .wav file ,and then I will try to get some text if possible.I had discussed this ques on my linkledin network and i got some solutions,so please look at it if you understand something,
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    And also I am getting problem converting .mp3 file into .wav file,I visited this link but I am not able to understand the comment,
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    You are looking for Speech recognition system.
    Are you looking for offline audio to text then I guess, it's very difficult to get desired result. You can only convert a speech (audio stream going into microphone).
    You can see #-Link-Snipped-#. If you are looking for streaming audio in mic to text. But still it's not very good, When even online and much sophisticated Google Now and Apple SIRI are struggling with this. If you are looking for speech to text then go for google translate or any online conversion method. See if Java Speech API works.
    I see the Linkdin discussion, they are talking about converting mp3 int binary stream not in the text.
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Anoop Kumar
    You are looking for Speech recognition system.
    Are you looking for offline audio to text then I guess, it's very difficult to get desired result. You can only convert a speech (audio stream going into microphone).
    You can see #-Link-Snipped-#. If you are looking for streaming audio in mic to text. But still it's not very good, When even online and much sophisticated Google Now and Apple SIRI are struggling with this. If you are looking for speech to text then go for google translate or any online conversion method. See if Java Speech API works.
    I see the Linkdin discussion, they are talking about converting mp3 int binary stream not in the text.
    Actually ,if you saw the linkdin discussion,there one person Denis talked about that we can do convert it into text if the file is wav format,he even provided with a code,I have made my mp3 file into wav file,and even sphinx in java used for speech recognition also works through micropohne and usually the voice signal of a human is taken in wav format so now can i do something becoz my audio file is a mere english video lecture and i want to just make a text document of it,so now see if wav file is of any use,see even if text document is not made,now can you think of any other utility if in any way text is not possible because in there are merely words only spoken in a lecture,so I guess something can be done.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Sorry, No luck here.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    radha gogia
    mere english
    language?
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Anoop Kumar
    Sorry, No luck here.
    Its completely fine sir,I have found ispeech and got a link for extracting text from a wave file ,already i have made a wave file and I am trying to do something,This is the link I am providing you,I am also trying ,if you get time see if you can find something.
    Lets hoe for the best,and thankss anyways for your support and guideline.
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Please sir,I when worked initially got the output mp3 file with jave-1.0 jar but now I dont know why is it raising exception,Please help me out.This the following code

import it.sauronsoftware.jave.AudioAttributes;
    import it.sauronsoftware.jave.Encoder;
    import it.sauronsoftware.jave.EncoderException;
    import it.sauronsoftware.jave.EncodingAttributes;
    import java.io.File;

public class AviToMp3 {
    File source = new File("D:\\sadda.mp4");
    File target = new File("D:\\target2.mp3");
    attrs.setFormat("mp3");
    try {
    }
    catch (EncoderException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    }

}
    }

This is the exception which I am getting,

it.sauronsoftware.jave.InputFormatException
    at it.sauronsoftware.jave.Encoder.parseMultimediaInfo(Encoder.java:657)
    at it.sauronsoftware.jave.Encoder.encode(Encoder.java:840)
    at it.sauronsoftware.jave.Encoder.encode(Encoder.java:711)
    at javaapplication10.AviToMp3.main(AviToMp3.java:23)
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Are you sure you ware sending Mp4 before?
    Method suggest it is expecting Avi.
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Anoop Kumar
    Are you sure you ware sending Mp4 before?
    Method suggest it is expecting Avi.
    Sir,I got it ,It is working well with .mp4 file also,Thankss a lot for your guideline
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I can see it in evening only.
    Did you able to run sample application, class is iSpeechASR?
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Anoop Kumar
    I can see it in evening only.
    Did you able to run sample application, class is iSpeechASR?
    Sir,i actually included the sample java file in my new java application only,but it was giving error,plz try to see it once.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    You need api key to use iSpeech from here.
    iSpeech
    See the code in sample
    public class iSpeechAPI
    {
        public static String api = "developerdemokeydeveloperdemokey"; [I][COLOR=#0000b3]//Get your API key at https://www.ispeech.org/developers[/COLOR][/I]
        public static boolean production = false; //Your API key server access, false is development and true is production

• radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Anoop Kumar
    iSpeech
    See the code in sample
    public class iSpeechAPI
    {
        public static String api = "developerdemokeydeveloperdemokey"; [I][COLOR=#0000b3]//Get your API key at https://www.ispeech.org/developers[/COLOR][/I]
        public static boolean production = false; //Your API key server access, false is development and true is production

sir,I have inlcuded my API key,plz see to it once ,actually i had included wrong jar file ,plz see to it once sir now when I run my program ,I am getting null pointer exception.plz visit once
    Under 'Download Java SDK' they link to this file #-Link-Snipped-#
    With iSpeechSDK_9.26.12.jar inside. and visit once
    for getting API key ,I am not getting the way to remove the null pointer exception.
  • Suhas Bachhav
    Suhas Bachhav
    radha gogia
    sir,I have inlcuded my API key,plz see to it once ,actually i had included wrong jar file ,plz see to it once sir now when I run my program ,I am getting null pointer exception.plz visit once
    Under 'Download Java SDK' they link to this file #-Link-Snipped-#
    With iSpeechSDK_9.26.12.jar inside. and visit once
    for getting API key ,I am not getting the way to remove the null pointer exception.
    H! Radha
    I want source code and Libraries in Java for Converting Audio to text .... Please mail me #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ddeepu78
    ddeepu78
    I want source code and Libraries in Java for Converting Audio to text .... Please mail me #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ddeepu78
    ddeepu78
  • ddeepu78
    ddeepu78
    Anoop Kumar
    iSpeech
    See the code in sample
    public class iSpeechAPI
    {

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I don't have any library or readymade program.But I am pretty sure above solutions give worked.
    If you want to look some more things. try this also.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    If you are facing problem. post here. CEans will be happy to help you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there a way to add more than 50 members to whatsapp group? A lot of casual visitors to CrazyEngineers use contact us form to ask this question to us...
How do you take a great shot when there's no one around to take a photo of yours? Say hello to Stand-Pod; a very tiny stand for your phone that...
hello everyone , i have passed my btech. from electronics and communication but now i want to make my career in I.T. industry.So i am thinking to opt Wimc course...
Anyone watched interstellar, please give your review without any SPOILER See producer himself doing Maths and Physics about the movie. I am seeing lots of article about things to study...
I want to sell my charger in market and i want how to sale to some company. Kindly reply.