How to estimate wall tiles and floor tile for a building

can any body please tell me exactly the procedure for calculating wall and floor tiles for a building.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have understood the concept of floor tiles, what are wall tiles? you mean the bricks that will be used for the construction?

Generally , for floor tiles that depends on the square feet of the rooms you are planning to construct. And the kind of tiles you are planning to buy.

If you are buying marble, then there are multiple types one is 2 X 2 , and the other one are bigger like 4X4 or 8 X 4.

If you are buying vertified tiles, the usual size is 2 X 2.

So if you know the square feet of every room it should be basic mathematics to get to know how many tiles to buy.
  • HASMUKH Mehta
    HASMUKH Mehta
    consider LxB or LxH or LxW or any surface horizontal or vertical as rounded up I mean UP to complete feet and into full ( not fractional ) square feet...
    than divide by either 9 sq.ft per box or 15 sq.ft per Box and if a fraction is left over make one full box.
    This must take care of wastages too.. ( Do not apply this for natural stone marble and granite.. )
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    i have a room that needs tile work these are the dimensions for the room 10'-4.5''x21'-1.5''. it has a bathroom too of 4'-6''x6'-6'' now how to estimate the tile work for floors and walls?
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    i even want to know the estimation work for painting and wood work too!!!!!!
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - Its a DADO tiles. You can see this kind of tiles in your Restroom and also exactly above the kiitchen platform
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    prahumac
    i have a room that needs tile work these are the dimensions for the room 10'-4.5''x21'-1.5''. it has a bathroom too of 4'-6''x6'-6'' now how to estimate the tile work for floors and walls?
    Its very a simple calculation. I hope you studied all these things in your class room 'Estimating & Costing".

You knew the floor area, then (10.375'x21.125' = 219.17 Sq.ft, So 219.17x___Rs/Sq.ft = you can get the total cost) is your requirement. Never mind about the size of the each tiles. Because all the tiles price will come with the Sq.ft basis excluding the labour & cement.
    Follow the same to wall tiles. Remember one thing you need to deduct the door and window area.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mahindra & Mahindra has launched the Mahindra W4 - XUV500 model today as the entry-level variant of its popular car XUV500. With a price tag of Rs. 10.95 lakh (ex-showroom,...
Google has recently listed the Nexus 10 tablet on Google Play Store India. The tablet that was launched more than an year ago has appeared on the official store and...
Google Chrome security became a topic of discussion back in August when a bug was found that let anyone see a user's passwords stored in the web browser. Simply by...
hey friends, recently i have been working on a project, College online information system via android. I want to add this particular feature to the app:- Study groups : if...
here is my java code package com.example.test; import android.net.Uri; import android.os.Bundle; import android.provider.ContactsContract; import android.provider.ContactsContract.Contacts; import android.app.Activity; import android.content.Intent; import android.database.Cursor; import android.view.View; import android.view.View.OnClickListener; import android.widget.Button; import android.widget.EditText; import...