How To Disable VSync For GLXGears In AMD Graphics Card ?

I wanted to test fps in my Radeon graphics card using glxgears.

Using:
fgl_glxgears

snapshot6

Using vanilla glxgears :

snapshot4

You can see in both output, the fps is stucked around 60fps. That is because it is getting synced to display frequency.
I want to test my gfx fps, which I think can only be done by disabling Vsync. I checked amdcccle (Catalyst Center) & couldn't find option to disable it.

Does anyone with AMD gfx card knows method to disable Vsync ?

Urgent help needed plz.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Goddamnit! anyone ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# , over to you, sire?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    tried
    vblank_mode=0
    ?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Prasad Ajinkya
    tried
    vblank_mode=0
    ?
    Tried. same result.
    Is there anyway to tweak it from catalyst center ?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Finally, found the way & it's pretty simple.

Open AMD Catalyst Control Center in superuser mode
    sudo amdcccle
    Now, Under '3D' -> 'More Settings' Drag Vertical Refresh from 'Quality' to 'Performance' as shown in image below.

Screenshot from 2014-11-28 21:08:55

Check glxgears and/or glmark2 to test fps score and/or gl benchmark respectively.

Screenshot from 2014-11-28 21:11:38

Hope this helps to anyone who had same problem as me in testing gpu fps & openGL benchmarking.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I learned something new - the difference between the usage of word 'And' and the symbol '&'. I had no clue that they were different. So here's when to use...
ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) is planning for its second Mars mission, Mars-2 in 2018. This new mission is likely to aim at putting a rover on the distant red...
Harley Davidson has launched three new bikes in India with - Breakout priced at Rs. 16,28,000, Street Glide Special priced at Rs 29,70,000 and CVO Limited price of Rs. 49,23,793...
With an aim to deliver 100% genuine authorized spare parts to its customers, SparesHub.com was founded by Tapas Gupta in the year 2013. Spares Hub is based in Pune. It...
I'm curious to know what mileage does Maruti Alto K10 with Automatic transmission offers? The company claims that the car will offer a cool ~24 kmpl; but the actual is...