How to disable the value of Combobox in javascript ?

Hi I need some help. I have three comboboxes :

Each combobox have following values to select :

Combobox 1:
English
French
Spanish
Italian

Combobox 2:
English
French
Spanish
Italian

Combobox 3:
English
French
Spanish
Italian

When the values are selected in Combobox 1 let's say English, then this value is to be disabled in Combobox 2 & 3 both. I want to do this in javascript. can any body help.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Show us what have you tired.
    Also please clarify if you want it to disable the value or remove it from combo box.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Prepopulate the language strings in an array
    On change of the first dropdown/selelct, empty the 2nd and 3rd dropdown and populate them with all strings except the one in the 1st.
  • RajanV
    RajanV
    Sorry for the late reply. I tried this code. Could any one help me out of this now. Because i not getting how would i get into this ...

• Manashree Thokal
    Manashree Thokal
    Did you check if there are any js errors on the browser?

Debug using F12 button on browser.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Try this.. #-Link-Snipped-#
    I got little time and did this. but it's not full.
    You can disable the drop down after selecting it and if user want to select again. add a reset button to reset all the drop-down. I think it should be fine after that.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We would like to begin with saying that there are no standards or definitions that state what an Android device must do to be considered a “TV box.” With many...
can you recommend me a GOOD c++ book(s) which have OOPS concept and data structure both.
I guess you all might have googled iphone prices in India. As seen on eBay India, the current pricing [For the Models Ready to Buy] is Rs.79,999 for 16GB iPhone...
when i tried to download some videos in youtube using idm.. it showed error as shown in the picture.. what can be the solution to it... someone please help!
We're happy to announce that the CrazyEngineers T-Shirts are back in stock. The batch III sales will begin pretty soon; and we've some exciting news to share with you- The...