How to design chassis?

hello friends, i am working on a project of rc car. And there are few questions in my mind about how to design the chassy.

1. what are the factors i have to consider while the design of chassy like the weight of engine, shaft , gears etc.

2. In order to design the chassy i have to find the maximum bending stress acting on the chassy. So in order to draw the bending moment diagram i have to choose engine as a load acting on the chassy and the axles as the reactions, but whether this engine is a UDL or UVL? how can i able to know about this? or tell me the software which will be helpful to find these stresses if i define the load on chassy in the software?

So if any one have knowledge about this. please share.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Placenent of engine plays a major role in bend load distribution but as far as small rc car is concerned, It wont be a major issue. Use light weight but strong chassis will be a good choice.
  • Ramesh_Kumar
    Ramesh_Kumar
    Anku2993
    hello friends, i am working on a project of rc car. And there are few questions in my mind about how to design the chassy.

1. what are the factors i have to consider while the design of chassy like the weight of engine, shaft , gears etc.

2. In order to design the chassy i have to find the maximum bending stress acting on the chassy. So in order to draw the bending moment diagram i have to choose engine as a load acting on the chassy and the axles as the reactions, but whether this engine is a UDL or UVL? how can i able to know about this? or tell me the software which will be helpful to find these stresses if i define the load on chassy in the software?

Design and Fabrication of IC Engine Powered Radio Control Car

Hope It may helpful...
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Placenent of engine plays a major role in bend load distribution but as far as small rc car is concerned, It wont be a major issue. Use light weight but strong chassis will be a good choice.
    dear but i want to design it whatever it is.
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    ts competition open to all THIRD and FINAL year engineering students ALL engineering branches. Prizes worth Rs. 80,000+ are ready to be won!

Deadline: Last 23 Days Remaining! HURRY UP!

Click: Read Contest Details || Click To Submit Your Entry
    How to design chassis?

Anku2993
    Rookie

Tuesday at 4:21 PM
    Tools
    + Quote Reply

Star

Wednesday at 9:51 PM
    Tools
    + Quote Reply

Ramesh_Kumar
    Enthusiast
    Anku2993 said: ↑
    hello friends, i am working on a project of rc car. And there are sn
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    Dear but i want to design it whatever it is.
    Let's consider that engine is heavy enough to bend the chassy. Now in this case how to design it? Now whether the load of engine is UDL or UVL? And how to consider other parameters like shaft and gears in this case?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

IRCTC has now enabled the Cash On Delivery aka CoD facility for those who are not comfortable using their credit cards, debit cards or net-banking for buying tickets. The facility...
I've been experimenting with power nap time. I'm fully convinced that power naps are essential if you want your brain to stay on the top of its game so that...
After unveiling its new F60 smartphone with 4G LTE connectivity in October 2014, LG Electronics has officially launched the smartphone in India at Rs.15,000. This sleek dual SIM (Micro SIM)...
Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract— In this project, we report our extension of the use of feature selection based on mutual information and feature fusion to improve gender classification...
The Indian mobile manufacturer Intex has unveiled another Aqua series smartphone named Aqua Power HD. Back in December last year, the company had launched Aqua Power with a huge 4,000...