How To Create An eBook or ePUB From Scratch Using An Application In Linux ?

Okay, I have re-written #-Link-Snipped-# in LibreOffice & exported to PDF File. But again I am not satisfied with the quality of how this book looks.So, I am not ready to update it right now.

So, I wanna learn how the ebook is usually written from scratch using some Applications. I am using "Gummi" in Xubuntu but the problem with this software is that I can't add image in the book using this application.

Here's the image of how this app looks, it's very basic application with very less options of modification. I guess i need a heavyweight highly customizable application.
Screenshot - Monday 13 May 2013 - 07:53:06  IST
It gets worse as their is no freaking documentation in their website.

Somebody, please suggest me good LaTex editor/ eBook creator application for Linux, which let's me to do following things :
- Add Hotlink to Website
- Add Hotlink to Chapters in Index
- Embed Image in the book
- Let's me edit & modify the book whenever required.

Thank You.

Replies

• Gandalf
    Gandalf
    calibre - E-book management may help , not too sure about it
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Gandalf
    calibre - E-book management may help , not too sure about it
    Nah man, It's not possible to create an ebook from scratch using Calibre.
    That software is very good for eBook Library management & converting ebooks to different formats though.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    A #-Link-Snipped-# i found that may be useful , you need to use LaTex , there is no easy way out in formatting a ebook
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    #-Link-Snipped-#may be another useful tool but it is web based from the desk of Google

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It's been said that Linux Kernel 3.10 has received massive changes in the last several years.This changes is rated according to commit counts & potential actual lines. Here are some...
Hi. I am new to CrazyEngineers.
As Google Glass takes center stage, all eyes are set on the technological marvel, quite aptly. But nascent as it is, the Glass comes with its share of woes. Google...
Tata X0 is the new small car under development at Tata Motors' Ranjangaon plant near Pune. The sources closer to the development have confirmed that the new compact car will...
India's IT industry is mostly services oriented and NASSCOM wants India to shine in product development as well. The organisation has setup a separate unit to foster software products development...