How to create a website

And not such a kindergarten page with links. Which Web editors(at no charge or with costs)
is good enough to build a website including a system to sign in/log in, with chat room/forum server, advertising and pages for sale and trade? I am student and became a job offer as team leader to build a website and am looking for a suitable web editor, I don´t care which programming language....

If you know something let me know;-)

Replies

• @jit
    @jit
    best way u choose Dreamweaver as editor...

it is easy to use and also have some build in functions...😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    fizzbuzz
    Which Web editors(at no charge or with costs)
    is good enough to build a website
    Well, you don't really need a 'web editor'. There's a straightforward process you may follow to build a website. It'd look like this:-

1. Decide on what your website will do. List out all the major features.

2. You will then need to find out which programming language is most suitable for your website. These days, you should be able build pretty much everything a sophisticated website has with PHP or Ruby.

3. Sign-In, Login, forum, chat are all 'solved' problems. Do not waste your time solving those problems again. Instead, look for integration: You can create a basic website using a CMS which will have everything - login, session handling, cookies, ability to create pages, building clean URLs and you will also have the ability to add plug-ins that will bring added functionality of chat rooms, forums etc. If you want to start - start with WordPress. You can download it from wordpress.org and get started. It's open sourced so you can modify it infinitely according to your needs.

4. If you want sophisticated forums - look for the ones in open source domain. phpBB is a great forum software that powers several large websites.

I hope this gets you started. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    #-Link-Snipped-# has a point, these all are solved problems, which you need to integrate.
    However, I think if you are learning to create such modules, I would suggest you to pick up a super simple screen like register user screen, select language/technology and database of your choice and proceed step by step.
    Many a times, we only focus on the functional requirements and neglect the non-functional requirements.
    Most commonly neglected non-functional requirements are scalability,security,maintainability of the system.You can google for these words, if in question.
    In my humble opinion, #-Link-Snipped-# is one of best guys to explain more for the above three aspects of non-functional requirements ,as he has been running CE from a long time, and the website is pretty fast to load, supports high number of concurrent users...

Take Care,
    -SC
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    Abra Ka Dabra

KaBOOOOOM!!!

Website ready 😁

LOL, anyway

If you do not have programming experience, just go with website builders which most of the services like GoDaddy and Bigrock provide.. That will do your job pretty quickly
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vishal0203
    website builders which most of the services like GoDaddy
    I'd advise against the standard web builders from Godaddy. Not many happy customers there.
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd advise against the standard web builders from Godaddy. Not many happy customers there.
    Haha, yeah I'm completely against website builders. I like doing the things with code but for quicky results there's nothing wrong in it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google's Android Wear platform, meant for the wearable gadgets, is likely to get support for speakers support and on-watch phone calling. Google may announce this feature at the upcoming Google...
Suzuki introduced its compact car 'Celerio' in UK in February this year and it has so far been widely received in the country. The company recently revealed that they have...
Samsung isn't the only one to think that to match their own kick ass hardware, they need their own software. Huawei, the Chinese Networking & Telecom MNC, is reportedly working...
For years, big internet players have put their platforms for helping businesses grow by letting them reach their target audience via various modes and made millions in the process. Facebook...
A few companies have introduced the 'Video Synthesis Test' round to their recruitment process. For instance, Mu Sigma conducts this test as a part of their selection process. A lot...