How to contact companies for Industrial Visit?

How to contact companies for Industrial Visit?

A lot of students are made in-charge of conducting an Industrial tour/Industrial visit to various IT and core companies as a part of their 3rd year or 4th & final year curriculum. These are mostly the students from Engineering Diploma B.E., B.Tech, BCA background and don't know how to approach or contact the concerned authorities.

Well, one thing is for sure, that the company officials have been conducting these kind of initiatives for a long time now. So, they are used to receiving requests for the same.
You can contact any Government or Private organization and ask if you can do an Industrial visit. The right thing to do is contacting their HR department. You need to convey them either verbally or in writing that you want to visit for the day and your expectations. If you know someone in that company who is working at a good position, it would be a bonus!

So, what are experiences of engineers here? Have any of you guys attended or organized and Industrial visit? Please share your experience here.

Update:

Here’s a step by step guide to contacting companies for Industrial visit. I hope you will find this useful-

1. Identify the Companies: First, make a list of companies that are relevant to your field of study and where you feel an industrial visit would benefit your understanding. It might be helpful to discuss with your peers, professors, or the college placement cell to identify these companies. The companies you choose should ideally be within a feasible distance from your college for a visit.

2. Get the Contact Details: Find the HR or public relations contact information of these companies. You can generally find this information on their official website, or you could also use platforms like LinkedIn to find the right contacts.

3. Draft a Formal Request: Write a formal email/letter requesting an industrial visit. The request should include:

• Introduction about your college and the course you're pursuing

• Purpose of the visit and how it will benefit your academic learning

• Suggested dates for the visit

• Number of students and faculty members who will be visiting

• Any specific departments or areas in the company you wish to explore

4. Send the Request: Send the email/letter to the contact you identified earlier. If possible, it would be better if the request is sent from an official college email ID or under the college letterhead. Make sure you keep the communication professional.

5. Follow Up: If you do not receive a reply within a reasonable period (say, a week), send a polite follow-up email or make a follow-up phone call.

6. Confirmation and Logistics: Once the company agrees for the visit, confirm the date and time. Also, discuss and plan the logistics like travel, food, safety equipment if necessary, etc. Inform the company about any changes or specific needs in advance.

7. Prepare for the Visit: Before the visit, prepare yourself and your classmates with some basic knowledge about the company, its products or services, and the industry it operates in. This will help you make the most out of your visit and ask informed questions.

8. Post Visit Follow-up: After the visit, send a thank-you note to the company for hosting the visit. This not only shows your appreciation but also helps maintain a good relationship with the company for future visits or interactions.

Replies

• Neda Hashmi
    Neda Hashmi
    I am student representative of my branch in my college. i once tried to contact a paper and pulp industry.. i even emailed them and tried to reach them, but there was no response from there side. I din't tried afterwards..
    But thank you @#-Link-Snipped-# for reminding me this. I will try to contact some more industries. 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Great. I would like to know more stories. Who to contact? How to receive a letter from a company for the agreement of the Industrial Visit?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    We had organized a industrial visit two times and following are the steps we had taken:
    1) First we Googled department related companies in the areas we wanted (to be frank we searched for companies nearer to tourist places or amusement park)
    2) Note down the contact number of as many companies as possible
    3) First contact the most apt company fulfilling your requirement and best way is to contact via phone number.
    4) Many companies said they were in peak production season and neglected us but some of them treated us well.
    5) Speak to the attender about your college , industrial visit plan and ask him if there is any provision for getting IV in that company .
    6) get their HR mail id and mail them complete details.
    7) After getting confirmation ,
    Ask for the date and they would send a mail with all details regarding IV and permission letter for it.
    8) Take print out of it and now get bonafide and all necessary documents and all things are done.

Getting permission is easy but organization of students and accomodation is little difficult.

We conducted with much difficulty but enjoyed to the core .

Form a 3-5 member group and allot work for them from accounting to travel and accomodation .
  • Ranti Dev Singh
    Ranti Dev Singh
    When I was pursuing B.tech I witnessed my tour organizer that he was cheating us just because he is giving us INDUSTRIAL VISIT, from that day only I decided to start a company where I can solve these hassles which comes in front of student, collage and institution as well and consequently I have 210+ companies where we can visit and most importantly its absolutely free because giving Industry exposer to students in now MY passion....so if from now anybody wants to visit company just contact me.
    Happy to assist....!!
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Ph- 05326505552
    Mob.- 9807145035
  • Ranti Dev Singh
    Ranti Dev Singh
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    We had organized a industrial visit two times and following are the steps we had taken:
    1) First we Googled department related companies in the areas we wanted (to be frank we searched for companies nearer to tourist places or amusement park)
    2) Note down the contact number of as many companies as possible
    3) First contact the most apt company fulfilling your requirement and best way is to contact via phone number.
    4) Many companies said they were in peak production season and neglected us but some of them treated us well.
    5) Speak to the attender about your college , industrial visit plan and ask him if there is any provision for getting IV in that company .
    6) get their HR mail id and mail them complete details.
    7) After getting confirmation ,
    Ask for the date and they would send a mail with all details regarding IV and permission letter for it.
    8) Take print out of it and now get bonafide and all necessary documents and all things are done.

Getting permission is easy but organization of students and accomodation is little difficult.

We conducted with much difficulty but enjoyed to the core .

Form a 3-5 member group and allot work for them from accounting to travel and accomodation .
    Dear Sir,
    From now if you have any industrial visit in future ...please contact me ......giving industry exposure to students is my passion and its absolutely free ...9807145035
    And rest of part will be solved by me only like staying, food, transport.....
  • sison simon
    sison simon
    just contact the HR Manager of that company. a phone call will do
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# It is not advised that you share your email address and contact number on a public forum. This will lead to a lot of spam on your accounts.
  • Abhishiek Pathak
    Abhishiek Pathak
    Greetings I had an industrial visited conducted by a company namely Explore junction and they were professionals like anything managing every aspect of visit even the companies all MNC'S.
    You can contact them at #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Nitika singh panwar
    Nitika singh panwar
    you guys can contact K.R.Indo German Homoeopathy Pharmaceuticals. It is one of the biggest firm in North India and they give very positive response.
  • ajay thakre
    ajay thakre

Call Mr.Mayur Gawande - 7038812443 from Team EJ...!!! One of The BEST and most Experienced person for Industrial visit..!!!

• MADHUVAN REDDY
    MADHUVAN REDDY

I am student representative of my branch in my college. i once tried to contact Sathish Dhawan space centre (ISRO) near nellore,first we need to get permission from our college head of department and then we need to write a letter to the public relations officer of ISRO,after sending the letter they proceed by their side and they reply with their convenience dates for visiting their organisation,

Thank you.

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# That is quite an interesting piece of information. I am sure it will help fellow engineers. Do share your experiences and solve queries of other engineers on the forum. 

• Kishore Kumar
    Kishore Kumar

Hello Team,

I'm actually trying to help one of my friends who is trying to organize an Industrial visit in their college (Degree) Can someone help with the contacts of any Computer Science and Management based companies...

List provided will also help!

Thanks in advance

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - Without knowing your location, which companies you are targeting, your college, purpose of the visit etc. it's impossible for anyone here to help you out. 

We'd appreciate if you could spend some time writing down your exact requirements so that it's easier for us to help you. Also, I doubt anyone will want to list the contact information in public forum.  

• Karthik Kanna
    Karthik Kanna

Hi, This is Karthik. We are starting a startup called Booklet Buddy. This is a Socio-Educational platform for students and lectures. In the part of this, we are offering Industrial Visits to students for their real experience.
    Now the main points are
    1) We are looking for Industries to get in contact about the visits.
    2) If you are running a travel agency or any other tour packages we liked to hear it from you.
    3) We already made contact with some industries for visits anyone interested I am here for you.
    4) We are looking for investors too.

Thank you for your patience,
    We loved to hear it from you as soon as possible.

You can contact me through 

-admin@bookletbuddy.com

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - are you targeting industrial visits in specific city or group of cities? Also, are you targeting any specific industries for the visits?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have been watching a lot of debates going on the television regarding this topic. Lots of people have actually benefited from this treatment from various diseases like cancer, respiratory...
Any body has any idea about the best green engineering firms across the world? If an engineering graduate is interested in R&D or production projects related to green engineering, which...
Do you think every startup must have an exit strategy - which mostly is acquisition by a bigger player interested in the domain or going for an IPO? That's how...
For various, sometimes unavoidable reasons, a lot of us end up in the wrong profession - aka the profession we do not enjoy. A lot of people refuse to acknowledge...
High Performance Computing Service Team of the University of Cambridge has unveiled the Wilkes supercomputer that has managed to secure the second place in the “Green 500” supercomputer rating system...