How to connect iPod Nano to car?

Hi Crazy Engineers!

I bought an iPod Nano last month and it took my heart away [​IMG] ! I can't stay away from it even for a minute and that's the reason I want to replace my car stereo with Nano.

The question is, how to do this? Do I need special connectors?

Crook

Replies

• aashima
    aashima
    Well iPods can easily be attatched to speakers of music systems provided you have the suitable cable that connects the two (that was for home music systems). As for car systems, I think you will have to get an extra pin intalled (If it doesn't have it already) which connects your system with your iPod.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Crook, there are several ways to do this-

If your car stereo has auxillary line-in, you may connect your ipod nano to car stereo using an extention cable with 3.5 mm stereo connectors at each end.

If you have a car stereo with a cassette player, you can purchase a simple mini-plug to tape adapter that plugs into the iPod's headphone jack and the cassette deck.

Else, you might want to have a look at this - #-Link-Snipped-#

-The Big K-
  • Neha
    Neha
    Does anybody here know if I could transfer some of the songs from Ipod to PC??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Neha
    Does anybody here know if I could transfer some of the songs from Ipod to PC??
    I guess the iTunes software allows you to do that. I don't own iPod but I heard my friends talking about it.

-The Big K-
  • maihuna
    maihuna
    i-tunes does not support transfer of songs from iPod to PC .There are many third-party applications available, that enable you to do this like ipodRip copypod etc.

for more info go to #-Link-Snipped-#
  • desijays
    desijays
    maihuna
    i-tunes does not support transfer of songs from iPod to PC .There are many third-party applications available, that enable you to do this like ipodRip copypod etc.

i don't know when these multi-corporations are gonna understand if they don't provide the means............. we will always find a way.

i mean come on......... in the above example, if itunes allows the user to upload songs from the PC to the ipod, then it is only natural that they provide a means to do the vice versa. some times , you want the traffic to flow both ways.

thats why sometimes i wish apple and microsoft would grow up.

in comparison linux is far far superior, even though its an OS as far as restrictions go.
  • Neha
    Neha
    maihuna

Thanx!! I downloaded the software and it seems to be amazing one but the problem is its displaying some kind of import error..and I am not able to import songs. The problem occurs when it functions with I-Tunes.
  • videotuning
    videotuning
    cool I'll try this on my car
  • Sunnyrulz
    Sunnyrulz
    well...i got a so called gadget as a gift year back...
    it is a kind of fm radio transmiter which is connected at the mobile charging place in the car...you can select the frequency ranging the same as of FM...same frequency you set on car radio...and there you go...enjoy your favourite tracks....
    dont exactly knows how it works...if anyone knows about it...please tell me...!! 😎
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah right, I heard about these. The sound signals in your mp3 player are modulated into VHF waves which the car radio can receive.

Of course, any other car next to you can also listen to your tracks if they tune to the right frequency! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My cousin is looking for free javascript ebooks. I could not find any on the internet. I'll be thankful if anyone suggests a link to download. Thanks, Crook
Hello CE, Here is a chance to select your favorite ones which can make them count in 7 wonders of the world. You can vote online as well as through...
LiveDistro (Live CD) is a generic term for a operating system distribution that is executed upon boot, without installation on a hard drive. Typically, it is stored on bootable media...
CEans! 😀 Check out our main page ( you know that the quickest way to visit our main page is to click on the 'CRAZYENGINEERS' logo at the top 😁...
All the best to all the CAT aspirants. Do well!!!