How To Clone Only Single Folder Using GIT ?

Consider the repo directory as :
/Main
      /Parent1
         /Child
         /Child2
     /Parent2
        /Child
        /Child2
I only want to clone /Child2 of /Parent2 (i.e /Main/Parent2/Child2). Is it possible with Git ?
I did that using SVN and it worked, but somehow in git it is not possible (or am I missing something ?)

Replies

• Jason Estibeiro
    Jason Estibeiro
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Check this #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Jason Estibeiro
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Check this #-Link-Snipped-#.
    Here more question arises.
    Can I use two GIT versions together ? Can I maintain two git credentials of two different versions together in single system ?
  • Jason Estibeiro
    Jason Estibeiro
    Abhishek Rawal
    Here more question arises.
    Can I use two GIT versions together ? Can I maintain two git credentials of two different versions together in single system ?
    Well, I have never really worked on such a scenario but there are 2 commands which may satisfy your answer. One is git submodule and the other is git subtree.

Submodule is generally used when including an external repository as a library to the current repository/project. This helps in easily pulling updates of the library from the origin. Not really sure what subtree does but it does something similar to submodule but in a different way.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With the Mobile World Congress (MWC) imminent, every mobile company is on a launching spree. After launching the Q520s last month, this month the Indian mobile maker Xolo has come...
Automobile manufacturer, Maruti Suzuki has launched the refreshed edition of its bestseller sedan, Swift DZire with several comfort and convenience features in India. The 2015 Swift Dzire is priced between...
Gone are the days when children used to enjoy painting for hours. Most of the children having access to Internet now enjoy watching their favourite cartoons on the Internet. Understanding...
Project Abstract / Summary : Big data refers to ability to collect and analyze the vast amount of data. Sentiment analysis (opinion mining) is one of technique .A MapReduce program...
Not long ago, Sony launched the highly awaited and well documented Xperia E4. The phone was a mid-range phone with decent specs. But what it failed to offer was the...