How to change UPI - ID or VPA - ID?

I decided to give the new UPI payments system built by the Government to find out how it works. I was asked to create a UPI ID for myself so that I can quickly make or accept payments. I created an ID for myself and now wondering if there is any facility to change it. I'm also curious to know if the UPI ID or VPA ID is unique across all the banks. Mine has @ in it.

Would really appreciate if you could throw some light on this issue. Have you began using the UPI or VPA ID for transactions?

For Starters: UPI stands for Unified Payments Interface and VPA stands for Virtual Payments Address.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    It is unique across same Bank, not across all banks I think as it it showing me same name available under another Bank UPI app.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    The name part is unique within bank, the @bank part will make it unique across all banks.
    And regarding changing it, I think it will depend on your bank.(As the resolution will be happening at individual bank's end)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CrazyEngineers IO - Career Guidance App has seen phenomenal response in the recent days. Considering the amount we invest into helping our fellow engineers make the right decision in their...
Hi, Need mini project topics and ideas on data communications or web programming and services
I am try to download tool and die diploma questions paper with solution. If you have known about it please let me know.?
I have a some data base in excel and I want the same to be connected to a webpage dynamically! I also need to use the information to filter data...
Our initiative - CrazyEngineers IO, is a growing ecosystem of applications meant for engineers. Some of these applications will be free while some of them will be paid ones. For...