How to be a QA Analyst/Engineer?

Hello Everyone! ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm here again with another question. ๐Ÿ˜›
How to be a QA Analyst/Engineer? I mean having knowledge in Manual and/or Automation testing domain will work or I need to get a "Six Sigma" certification along with Testing Knowledge (Mannual and/or Automation)?
PS : I'm a Final Year student (Dept. : CSE) & Want to work in the QA Domain.
Thanks in Advance. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - the six sigma certification is more of 'management' related certification and not necessarily something that'd help with QA career. You may think of it when you are promoted to a position where you have a team reporting to you and you are in control of setting up processes for your project.

For a final year student, you should be fine with thorough knowledge of your engineering subjects, a strong hold in an object oriented programming language and knowledge of manual testing along with familiarity with a popular automation tool. If you feel adventurous, you may experiment with Selenium or QTP or any scripting language so that you can understand automation tools quickly.

I'd also recommend that you should get a certification course in QA done. That will definitely make your chances of getting into QA domain better.

As you'd guess with the typical recruitment process in India, the engineering graduates are chosen on the basis of their analytical skills and aptitude. You should focus on making sure that you can crack aptitude tests and technical interviews. You will find ample help to do that here on CrazyEngineers. All the best.
  • PROSENJIT
    PROSENJIT
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - the six sigma certification is more of 'management' related certification and not necessarily something that'd help with QA career. You may think of it when you are promoted to a position where you have a team reporting to you and you are in control of setting up processes for your project.

For a final year student, you should be fine with thorough knowledge of your engineering subjects, a strong hold in an object oriented programming language and knowledge of manual testing along with familiarity with a popular automation tool. If you feel adventurous, you may experiment with Selenium or QTP or any scripting language so that you can understand automation tools quickly.

I'd also recommend that you should get a certification course in QA done. That will definitely make your chances of getting into QA domain better.

As you'd guess with the typical recruitment process in India, the engineering graduates are chosen on the basis of their analytical skills and aptitude. You should focus on making sure that you can crack aptitude tests and technical interviews. You will find ample help to do that here on CrazyEngineers. All the best.
    I tried many times but it seems like "QA" courses are only for candidates with experience. I didn't find a single institute. It would be nice if you kindly refer me a institution(s). ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PROSENJIT
    I tried many times but it seems like "QA" courses are only for candidates with experience. I didn't find a single institute. It would be nice if you kindly refer me a institution(s). ๐Ÿ˜”
    Not true. You can join any course to understand the basics and advance elements of manual and automation testing. You need to look for the top institutes in your city.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In which IIts can we pursue m.tech in Control or Instrumentation?
i am in need of ieee paper for solar based electric fence... pls send me the link.... or give me some ideas about those project
Apple has announced the official price of its latest flagship phones in India. The price range starts at Rs. 62K for the base model of iPhone 6S (16GB) while the...
i am a final year b.tech student my 10th marks is 70% and in grades is 65% still 2 sem left but my marks in 12th is 53% will i...
Hi There! I am a Civil Engineering graduate and want to enter in the Software related field. My cousin told me to get into Software testing as it will be...