How To Ask Questions On The Forum

CEans,

It is unfortunate that I'm being forced to write this post. Being engineers, I initially assumed that our members would know how to ask questions. However, there is a huge number of new members who don't know how to ask questions and most of the time is spent in understanding the question. For the uninitiated, I'm write this short tutorial on how to ask questions in a forum -

1. Do not assume that we know what's on your mind. When you are asking questions, make it easy for us to understand your question! THIS IS IMPORTANT! Give us all the necessary details so that we can understand your question and provide answers.

2. Provide as many details you think can help us in answering your question!

3. Provide an appropriate title to your question so that we get an idea about what's being asked just by looking at the title of your thread. For example, a thread titled "How to edit hosts file in Windows 7?" makes a sensible title than "Please HELP!!!!". Got the point?

I hope new members will read this thread!

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Good post Biggie. Why don't you post it in the New Member's Joint - Start Here section?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Good post Biggie....It will help a lot of people.
  • Ayush Labh
    Ayush Labh
    How can we ask the question... I can't find any link for asking question
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ayush Labh
    How can we ask the question... I can't find any link for asking question
    The direct button has been disabled because of few issues we discovered. It will be back. Till then, check this: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sanjuss61
    Sanjuss61
    With the above link you have provided i am not able to ask question. can you please let me know where exactly I need to post my question?
  • Sanjuss61
    Sanjuss61
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The direct button has been disabled because of few issues we discovered. It will be back. Till then, check this: #-Link-Snipped-#

With the above link you have provided i am not able to ask question. can you please let me know where exactly I need to post my question?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sanjuss61
    Hi, this will help you out:
    How To Post On New CE Forums?
  • Sanjuss61
    Sanjuss61
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi, this will help you out:
    How To Post On New CE Forums?
    Thanks alot #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello engineers my topic for the final year project would be "Design of Multi Level Car Parking (MLCP)". we've already done the planning phase of our project though we have...
It is very well known that China and India both are world's major.Both China and India pursued radically different development strategies. It is also very true that India's annual growth...
Oshkosh, WI -- July 26, 2010: At a press conference today at AirVenture, Terrafugia, Inc., developer of the Transition® Roadable Aircraft, or "Flying Car", released specifications and computer graphics of...
HI all, i'm an italian student, i'm working on a fem metallurgical simulation of a ring ( AISI 4140) normalized after forging and then quenched. I'm having a problem gathering...
Auto irrigation system I am planing to do the project for my final year on auto irrigation and crop management i need to use more than six sensors and display...