How to approach the core job after doing btech in civil engineering?

Hello there! Could anyone there tell me how to approach the core job after doing btech in civil engineering? Unfortunately i couldnt make it from campus placement. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Sumukh Madgaonkar
    Sumukh Madgaonkar
    Ateeb Ahangar
    Hello there! Could anyone there tell me how to approach the core job after doing btech in civil engineering? Unfortunately i couldnt make it from campus placement. Any suggestions?
    Civil Engineering itself is a core job. Which stream are you interested in?
    Design? - I would suggest a post graduation degree with ME/Mtech
    Construction management? - Go for site execution and simultaneously part time/full time pg diploma/degree will be good enough
    Execution? - It already has started before your completion of graduation........
  • Ateeb Ahangar
    Ateeb Ahangar
    Basically getting the core job via off campus selection is very tough and with no experience u cannot go anywhere. Btech in It and computer science engineering is very handy nowadays.
  • Sumukh Madgaonkar
    Sumukh Madgaonkar
    Try searching through job portals........
    what is your preferred location?
  • Ateeb Ahangar
    Ateeb Ahangar
    Have already tried them and then u get 100 bpo offers a day and other non civil jobs and the worst thing about them is whenever u apply somewhere u get fake interview letter demanding money from u. Day by day the value of btech is declining in India.
  • Sumukh Madgaonkar
    Sumukh Madgaonkar
    Even I have gone through such a phase.........
  • Ateeb Ahangar
    Ateeb Ahangar
    How u came outta such phase? What was ur qualification?
  • Sumukh Madgaonkar
    Sumukh Madgaonkar
    I tried to get the job but later decided for post graduation and by the end of it I got a job from walkin newspaper advertisement.
    And dont worry, its being said that job market for civil & structures is bright in India in coming months.....
  • Sumukh Madgaonkar
    Sumukh Madgaonkar
    By the way you did not disclose, you are open to which locations?
    Is that the constraint for you?
  • Ateeb Ahangar
    Ateeb Ahangar
    As a fresher u do not restrict urself for any particular location. I am comfortable anywhere in India.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mouse driver loaded or not c code
It seems that there are members from literally all over the globe here on CE. I'm from KY United States myself, where is everyone else from?
With this many degrees how does he find time to teach?
What thrill! What skill!!
I just completed BTech in mechanical engineering. I had a plan to go abroad for MS or enter Marine field after GME. But unfortunately I won't get my degree certificate...