How to approach companies for Internship?

Hello!

I've to do summer-internship after my 6th semester. I would like to know how to approach companies for the same? What is the procedure? Any tips for it?

Anything and everything would help ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Anyone Please?
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Sanyam Khurana
    Hello!

I've to do summer-internship after my 6th semester. I would like to know how to approach companies for the same? What is the procedure? Any tips for it?

Anything and everything would help ๐Ÿ˜€
    A simple way is to find the technology you love, find a company which works on it. Then drop a humble mail to that company (HR dept./concerned official), mentioning your expertise and your interest to work with that company for an internship.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    send me your resume. Will try for you in TCS, if you want!
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    No offense to employees/owners of large companies, but if your aim is to have maximum exposure to the technology you love, look for an internship in a small/startup company, which knows what its doing. They will be more than accommodating to have an intern (since ours is not an intern-friendly education/corporate system) as they have no big books which dictate them how the hiring should go. Also, they will value the contribution of one person. Imagine being an intern in a company of 20-30 people, as against in a place where there are 1000 faces to the same name.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Technology is not eveything. I disagee with the statement that that one should look into small/start up companies for internship. In many cases, doing internship in giants helps. If someone wants to learn technology, they can go ahead installing softwares and write code. It is the process, ethics and many other matters. I used to think that IT was meant to code only, but the moment I entered here and gradually I grew here, I see a complete and crucial process of management, and I wish I could do it apart from coding.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Koushal Patel
    Sure, please give me your mail in PM!
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Sanyam Khurana
    Sure, please give me your mail in PM!
    Done!
  • Srinath panch
    Srinath panch
    Koushal Patel
    Sir,
    Even I am looking for a company to Intern for after my 6th sem which will end in like 2 weeks. Can you provide me with your Email ID so that I can forward you my resume?
    Thanks in Advance.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    So, people, I've explored how to do this, how to exactly approach companies, uncover various opportunities etc. and would be posting something really useful for students after my end-sem exams are over.

Just stay tuned ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Srinath panch
    Srinath panch
    Sanyam Khurana
    So, people, I've explored how to do this, how to exactly approach companies, uncover various opportunities etc. and would be posting something really useful for students after my end-sem exams are over.

Just stay tuned ๐Ÿ˜€
    That'll be great Sanyam! Your help will be much appreciated! Please do it ASAP ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Looking forward to it. ๐Ÿ‘
    I think it is very important that students know the right ways to approach a company for internship. Many student keep hitting the wall and miss out on really great opportunities to become an intern at startups as well as MNCs.

If you have got past the really painful task of finding the right company & role for your summer internship, the next big challenge is approaching the company aka writing to/calling their office with proper communication.

From my experience, I can share that any company will be more than willing to hire interns for a job that doesn't need much experience if the candidate is able to highlight his/her talent or skills and is very enthusiastic about it.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Looking forward to it. ๐Ÿ‘
    Sure, around mid-June, when my exams get over, I'll definitely make a guide on this only because I've like kind of suffered a lot for a perfect advice that would give me right direction instead of just option of getting fake certificates to show in college ๐Ÿ˜›
    and I hope it would help many people
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Came across an interesting Infographics Regarding #-Link-Snipped-#

Source : "#-Link-Snipped-#"
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Hey guys,

Here is a post written by me, to guide you as per my experience: Internship Experience at Zopper

Hope this helps. If anyone has any doubt, please feel free to ping me!
  • asha rani
    asha rani
    Koushal Patel
    #-Link-Snipped-# sir,as you were saying sanyam to send his resume....i want to ask that, you are working in tcs or know anyone else there??
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    asha rani
    #-Link-Snipped-# sir,as you were saying sanyam to send his resume....i want to ask that, you are working in tcs or know anyone else there??
    I am working in TCS right now. Unfortunately, I could not help Sanyam for the same due to some issues.
    I need to talk with the HR first. Meanwhile, if I have resume, I can forward it to them directly if they say yes.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My $0.02 -

I'd strongly suggest that students should look at the internship offering platforms to get information about internship and apply to them. Directly approaching companies may not lead to favourable response all the times.

I'd also strongly recommend that students should look for internship with startup companies that are doing some innovative work or working on cutting edge, latest technologies in any domain. If you are from CS background, look for companies that work on latest JS libraries, programming languages tools, development methodologies etc.

If you are from automobile, civil, chemical or other engineering backgrounds, you should definitely look for the companies that are known for innovative work. Getting an internship with a large company or MNC may look good on your resume; but they won't add to your knowledge and experience much. That said, there are always exceptions.

Keep your application simple and to the point. Highlight the value that you bring as an intern. Most of the companies will also look at their interns as target recruits - so take the internships very seriously.

I don't have any specific tips that'd help you approach the companies for Internship; but I really think the internship offering platforms are way more effective than direct contact and request for Internships.
  • Subathra Prem kumar
    Subathra Prem kumar
    sir could you please recommend those type of companies in tamil nadu ... i need some guidance.. so please help me if you can..
  • asha rani
    asha rani
    Koushal Patel
    I am working in TCS right now. Unfortunately, I could not help Sanyam for the same due to some issues.
    I need to talk with the HR first. Meanwhile, if I have resume, I can forward it to them directly if they say yes.
    thanks for reply...actually i am trying to get a job in good company like tcs,wipro which give value to my skills not to money ..sir..as you are working in tcs, can u plzzz tell,what is the procedure to get a job in tcs???
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    asha rani
    as you are working in tcs, can u plzzz tell,what is the procedure to get a job in tcs???
    1) There is no rocket science involved in it my friend.
    2) Just visit #-Link-Snipped-# and create your profile.
    3) Recently, there was Fresher walk-in was going on in Mumbai. Just subscribe some of the job portals for walk-ins. They would pour mails to your mail box if there is an upcoming walk-in.

Let me know for any issues/queries/concerns. Good Luck! Thanks.
  • asha rani
    asha rani
    t
    Koushal Patel
    1) There is no rocket science involved in it my friend.
    2) Just visit #-Link-Snipped-# and create your profile.
    3) Recently, there was Fresher walk-in was going on in Mumbai. Just subscribe some of the job portals for walk-ins. They would pour mails to your mail box if there is an upcoming walk-in.

Let me know for any issues/queries/concerns. Good Luck! Thanks.
    thank you sir...i will surely follow this..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Asus has launched its latest tablet - the Fonepad 8 in India at a price of Rs. 13,999. The Asus Fonepad 8 FE380CG model is a Dual-SIM 8-inch tablet available...
An enhanced version of the Redesigned stirling engine. Can any one think of what direction that would be? Can anyone think why? Ok, I will tell you The stirling engine,...
Project Abstract / Summary : This engine works on the principle of magnetism effect. In these by use of electromagnetic field & permanent magnetic field, the magnet attract and repel...
A random idea, which sparked my thought, is any application exists, which is a boon for persons with disability. Let a person has lost his/her limbs in any unfortunate incident...
If you are anything like me, you know how boring it can get to walk for kilometers at a time in a big shopping mall only to land up on...