How To Answer "Why Should We Hire You?" Interview Question?

How To Answer "Why Should We Hire You?" Interview Question?

Following are some of the best answers to the interview question - “Why Should We Hire You?” -

1. "My ability to merge creativity and logic is unique. I've found that this combination helps to solve problems more effectively, leading to innovative solutions. I've honed this skill over my career, and I'm confident it will bring value to your team. Moreover, I thrive on learning and growth, so I would seize opportunities for advancement that align with the company’s objectives."

2. "I’ve spent my career embracing change and the opportunities it brings. It's been my experience that the best businesses are always evolving. I consider myself a 'change agent' who can help drive that evolution. With a combination of my leadership skills and comfort in navigating uncertain environments, I aim to lead your team through whatever changes lie ahead."

3. "For me, collaboration is more than just working together - it's about bringing out the best in each other to achieve a common goal. I believe in fostering an environment of trust and open communication, where everyone feels valued and heard. My track record of successful team projects demonstrates my commitment to creating such collaborative environments."

4. "As a dedicated professional, I continuously set goals for myself and ensure I exceed them. I view obstacles as opportunities to learn and improve. My persistence and drive to always deliver my best will propel me to contribute meaningfully to your team. I am confident that I will not only meet your expectations, but exceed them."

5. "In addition to my strong technical skills, I bring a profound understanding of the importance of customer satisfaction to a company's success. I've cultivated a sense of empathy and active listening skills that enable me to truly understand the customer's needs. My aim is to deliver results that don’t just solve immediate problems, but also enhance overall customer experience."

Why do Interviewers Love to Ask This Question?

Simply speaking, interviewer is giving you an opportunity to seal the deal! Answering this question effectively ensures that you ease the decision making for an interviewer who is looking for a solid reason to make the job offer.

1. Assessing Relevance: It helps the interviewer gauge how well the candidate's skills, experience, and goals align with the job requirements and the company's needs.

2. Understanding Value Proposition: The question invites candidates to present their unique value proposition. In other words, what makes them stand out from other applicants? This could be anything from specific technical skills, unique experiences, or a particular approach to problems or teamwork.

3. Evaluating Self-Awareness: It tests a candidate's self-awareness and ability to self-assess. It indicates whether a candidate knows their strengths and can articulate how these strengths are relevant to the position.

4. Testing Communication Skills: The question assesses the candidate's communication skills. Can they present their case convincingly and succinctly? This is particularly important for roles that require strong communication skills.

5. Gauging Enthusiasm: Finally, it gives the interviewer a sense of the candidate's enthusiasm and interest in the role. Candidates who can convincingly articulate why they should be hired are likely to be genuinely interested in the role and motivated to perform well if hired.

I hope you found this useful. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Well, I may not be able to say exactly why should you hire me but I could definitely say how I could strive for the company. I enjoy doing work, passionate about learning new things and adaptable. I believe everybody does this. But the race is about how fast you do that and I can assure you that I can do it in best way.
    Just give me chance, I will prove it! 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    sahithi pallavi
    Well, I may not be able to say exactly why should you hire me but I could definitely say how I could strive for the company. I enjoy doing work, passionate about learning new things and adaptable. I believe everybody does this. But the race is about how fast you do that and I can assure you that I can do it in best way.
    Just give me chance, I will prove it! 😀

Won't work?? 😔
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Sir, I am a very passionate person not only about work, but life in general. Whatever work I do I intend to do my best in it and try to achieve best results. My career goals are pretty much in line with the profile your company has offered and as a result I will be highly enthusiastic as well as motivated to accomplish the expected performance by the company.
    What say?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Updating reserved space:

A typical interviewer would love to hear the summary of positive points you've mentioned (your skills, knowledge, passion for subjects/technology, experience etc.) through your answer. Be humble and say "I believe I've performed well through the interview so far however I could have been better. (Use your own judgment while saying that!). It'd be my pride to work with your organization and I'll try my best handle the responsibilities and tasks allotted to me. I believe that with my current knowledge of <technologies or tools > I can get started and pick up new things on the job."

Of course you should NOT repeat this verbatim in interview and use your own answer. Just don't make suggestions to the Interviewer like "I am the best for the job" or "I am better than others" or "I'm perfect for the job". Say what you believe and let the Interviewers make the decision.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Come On CEans, Answer Quickly!
    We are waiting for the suggestions/Feedback 😀
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    well sir,
    i believe i am the exact person for whom your choosing as we all think to place our company at first place i am a person who thinks always to keep my effort on my work so i can assure you that i am fit for the job
    i believe i had good communication and leadership skills with challenging spirit to solve the problems occurs before me
    if you expect me an example i can give you

hey ce'ans this is my answer correct me if i had any mistakes
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    My answer , I dont recollect it perfectly but this is the summary of my answer.

Q: Why should we hire you?

A: Well, I am good at communication skills, and I am a quick learner. I am passionate about computers (this is lie) and technologies (again lie). I have a positive approach , so whatever the situation it is I think and I am sure that I will come out of it.!!

Next Q: Tell me what you know about computers?
    This was an unexpected question , however I have answered this saying all about it what I know.

Next Q: What technologies you know?
    I only know the names of Java, Dot Net thats at not even Cobol or pascal.

But , he selected me on that day though.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i am not shocked with your interview and your appointment because just yesterday my college tnp sir told most of the interviewers check our skills but not the exact qualifications and grades or aggregates just 25% ask about aggregate others ask about skills we had
    anyway tnp means training and placement cell
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    umm

my profile suits the role you posted as vacant :-|.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    English-Scared
    My answer , I dont recollect it perfectly but this is the summary of my answer.

Q: Why should we hire you?

A: Well, I am good at communication skills, and I am a quick learner. I am passionate about computers (this is lie) and technologies (again lie). I have a positive approach , so whatever the situation it is I think and I am sure that I will come out of it.!!

Next Q: Tell me what you know about computers?
    This was an unexpected question , however I have answered this saying all about it what I know.

Next Q: What technologies you know?
    I only know the names of Java, Dot Net thats at not even Cobol or pascal.

But , he selected me on that day though.

hmm, What happens if they ask questions on Java or .Net?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I would just say,

JAVA = J A V A , I mean I would have just spelled them.

Actually I said I know those technologies by names and the question was also the same.

I guess I have confused you guys,.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Do you mean they will select you if you give that reply?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    AbraKaDabra
    Do you mean they will select you if you give that reply?
    No not at all, actually the question was what you know by names literally, not by coding or understanding perspective.

I was a fresher by then and only questions on C are to be asked.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Updated my earlier reserved post. 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    Updating reserved space:

A typical interviewer would love to hear the summary of positive points you've mentioned (your skills, knowledge, passion for subjects/technology, experience etc.) through your answer. Be humble and say "I believe I've performed well through the interview so far however I could have been better. (Use your own judgment while saying that!). It'd be my pride to work with your organization and I'll try my best handle the responsibilities and tasks allotted to me. I believe that with my current knowledge of <technologies or tools > I can get started and pick up new things on the job."

Of course you should NOT repeat this verbatim in interview and use your own answer. Just don't make suggestions to the Interviewer like "I am the best for the job" or "I am better than others" or "I'm perfect for the job". Say what you believe and let the Interviewers make the decision.

Thanks for your Suggestion 😀
    Will follow!
  • Somi
    Somi
    I found this reply in a site...

why you should't hire me sir? i have all the qualities that your company expect.

I personally found it quite impressive.Just the right dose of confidence.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Somi
    I found this reply in a site...

why you should't hire me sir? i have all the qualities that your company expect.

I personally found it quite impressive.Just the right dose of confidence.
    How would a candidate know what the hiring company is expecting? I'd consider it as over-confidence.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @somi how can you consider yourself as you had all the qualities
    no will have all the qualities
    its impossible
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    narayana murthy
    @somi how can you consider yourself as you had all the qualities
    no will have all the qualities
    its impossible
    and isn't your own answer assertive enough ?
    guess you read the point that biggie made..
    Just don't make suggestions to the Interviewer like "I am the best for the job" or "I am better than others" or "I'm perfect for the job".
  • Somi
    Somi
    Well see the company has given an advertisement stating its eligibility criteria.So if a candidate has the required qualifications and has been able to answer the questions asked in the intervies then he is right in saying that what your company wants i have those criteria, then why NOT me?
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @somi:in my view company needed only some mandatory qualities not all the qualities
    if you say as i had all the qualities they test your qualities by speaking to you so if you dont any quality as you said above that may be more dangerous
    so i believe as it will not better and i also believe mentioning qualities you had will better than saying i had all the qualities your company needed

@CEans:correct me if i am wrong
  • ece_er9
    ece_er9
    because you need an employee and i need a job...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ece_er9
    because you need an employee and i need a job...
    ...the focus is on the word 'you' If the recruiters were to hire just for the sake of having employees - they'd hire any average Joe without even interviewing him.

Got the point? Don't use that response in interview.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have serached on google but i was enable to find answer to this exception. please help!!😕
can anyone tellme how can we make use of electrodes for sensing collision......???
hello everyone ths is my first thread...i have read some posts on this topic and have seen that the sound energy cannot be converted with efficiency into electrical energy....but what...
Facebook has claimed the Internet's top spot from Google as the most visited website in the United States in 2010, according to a new study from online measurement service Experian...
hello everyone, i am a third year ece student,i'm looking for simple analog electronics miniprojects.kindly please help me immediately by providing topics and sites. only analog ones please