How to add Data environment in vb6.0 ?

well, I have project for my grade 12 board exam in subject Informatics Practices. I have to make a inventory system and have to produce reports . For this I required to design a reports, I am able to add Reports form through Project menu but I don't find More Active X Designer option .But when I checked it in components also I didn't found it in components also hence I checked it in references I am able to get Data Environment 1.0 but in my pc its giving like Missing : Data Environment Instance1.0 in reference dialog box .so what should I do to add the ms data environment in my pc. 😔

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Before you can access the Data Environment designer, you must reference it in Visual Basic.

To reference the Data Environment designer

1. On the Project menu, click References.

2. From the References dialog box, select Microsoft Data Environment 1.0, and then click OK.

To add a Data Environment designer object to a Visual Basic project

1) Right click on Project name [ex.Project1(Inventory.vbp) Then click ADD then Data Environment

OR

1) From the Project menu, choose Add Data Environment.

The Data Environment designer is added to your Visual Basic project, the Data Environment designer window appears, and a Connection object is added to your Data Environment.

By the way
    Microsoft Data Environment 1.0
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    In some case add data environment may not be one of the menu choices
    in this case,

1) select Components under project menu items
    2) choose the designers tab and check the boxes next to data environment and data report
    3) click OK

The data environment will available
  • hanif_hefaz
    hanif_hefaz
    i could'nt find microsoft data environment in references please help

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have created a login form for connecting vb6 to oracle .The following code I have wrote in click event of button login. Private Sub cmdlogin_Click() Dim con As New...
If you're looking to monitor your network and Internet speed, track overall bandwidth usage, and get several other very useful utilities, you'd do well to download the free NetWorx. With...
In BitTorrent protocols , what is meant by 'seeding and leeching'. Can anyone give me the proper definition of this two terms.
There were some queries a while back about liquids and the Venturi effect; why pressure is lower when a fluid is compressed through a smaller aperture, etc. This is easier...
Its official now. Google has launched their own programming language called 'Go'. Go is said to have taken up all the goodies from C++ & Python. As expected, Go is...