How to access whatsapp online?

I was wondering if there's any way or hack to access whatsapp online via desktop or laptop. I've been told that one of the way is to install an Android emulator on the computer, install compatible Android version and then install WhatsApp. Though I haven't tried doing that, I'm not sure if WhatsApp works on those emulators, without having a phone number to access.

WhatsApp itself does not provide online access, it seems. On the contrary, WhatsApp's rivals have come up with desktop clients for the services. I'm sure someone must have figured out the trick. If yes, please share it with all of us.

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    You can use Bluestacks for it. It is Android emulator. And who says you don't have a phone. If your phone doesn't support Whatsapp doesn't mean you don't have a phone number. You put in that number when required. Whatsapp sends you confirmation code in that phone and you put it in that emulator manually. You are all set to use Whatsapp 😁
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Yeah, actually people have come up with hacks. Few days ago, one of my friends installed it on her desktop and I was amazed to see it actually worked!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    So, I'm going to try installing an Android emulator. I already have Parallels app which lets me run the latest version of Android Jelly Bean. How do I get to the window that asks me to enter the verification code?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I havent tried it myself. But let me ask, I will let you know.πŸ˜€

Apparently she did it using Bluestack.

BlueStacks – Best Mobile Gaming Platform for PC & Mac | 100% Safe and FREE

Here is a guide:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Kaustubh Katdare
    So, I'm going to try installing an Android emulator. I already have Parallels app which lets me run the latest version of Android Jelly Bean. How do I get to the window that asks me to enter the verification code?
    simply install the Android emulator u may be use bluestack then it has a option of mobile configuration follow the steps and u reached play store then install whats app and enter your mobile no and follow steps the verification code is sent to ir no. By message fill it and your account is confirmed so use whats app on your desktop go for it.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just install Bluestacks , search for "WhatsApp" then download from the playstore (or any other such store, would give you options).

After installing, open it, and it would ask you to enter your phone number for verification, when you enter, it would try to act as a phone, and tell you to wait around 5 minutes so that it can verify itself, by sending an sms, ultimately it would not succeed, and ask you, how you would like to confirm your number.

Choose, sms verification, immediately you'll receive a code, which you can then put up, and it would work.

You have to later sync all your contacts list once in the emulator, so as to recognize the conversations.

@#-Link-Snipped-#

Just forgot to mention one thing, please remember that if you install WhatsApp on your emulator, you'll not able to use it in your phone.

This is because, you can run only one copy of WhatsApp per number, as soon as you installed it on your desktop, the WhatsApp version on your mobile will show an error saying "Authorisation failed" and something like that, and ask you to verify your number again in order to use WhatsApp.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think it is high time that Whatsapp releases a version for the desktop.
    To compete with Facebook Messenger, that is the only way to go! πŸ‘€
  • Maratiraju
    Maratiraju
    Hi, any1 tell me how to use Whats app in Online(in web browser) without installing any emulator or whats app.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Maratiraju
    Hi, any1 tell me how to use Whats app in Online(in web browser) without installing any emulator or whats app.
    Hi bro I don't think about the possibility of web version.I had checked the Whatsapp website but they described about that Emulator shit only.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Maratiraju
    You have to get an emulator, you can use VM for that too. But you need to use emulator.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sanyam Khurana
    @#-Link-Snipped-#

Just forgot to mention one thing, please remember that if you install WhatsApp on your emulator, you'll not able to use it in your phone.

This is because, you can run only one copy of WhatsApp per number, as soon as you installed it on your desktop, the WhatsApp version on your mobile will show an error saying "Authorisation failed" and something like that, and ask you to verify your number again in order to use WhatsApp.
    Some clarification - did you mean that you can't access whatsApp 'simultaneously' on computer and mobile? I'm wondering if it's the 'Device' that's locked to an account or a phone number?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Some clarification - did you mean that you can't access whatsApp 'simultaneously' on computer and mobile? I'm wondering if it's the 'Device' that's locked to an account or a phone number?
    Yeah, it can't be used simultaneously on two devices. Although your WhatsApp account is registered with your mobile number, but if you need to change the device, then you can find in settings of WhatsApp, it can import all your conversations to new device, but once you activate your account on new device, the account in old device would show an error.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A phone number is mandatory and he Said that we can't access it simultaneously from two devices and with same number.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is an interesting app that lets you use desktop keyboard to type your long messages on Whatsapp.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    It would be great if anyone of you could test and review this app.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I used it. One word- POINTLESS. Its ocassionally ok. But everytime you have to select recipients from phone while sending the message. Its just another jobless feature to do nothing more.

For those who are not comfortable typing on touch screen, they can use this. Else it is pointless
  • amitava119
    amitava119
    i believe my gf is simply cheating one , as simple as that . no point to hide the fact and i want to find out who is the guy.. so help hack into her phone inbox or her whatsapp inbox...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    amitava119
    i believe my gf is simply cheating one , as simple as that . no point to hide the fact and i want to find out who is the guy.. so help hack into her phone inbox or her whatsapp inbox...
    CrazyEngineers isn't the right place to request for that type of help. Instead of hacking in; simply talk about it and sort out your issue mutually.
  • calvin hobbes
    calvin hobbes
    Maybe you were thinking about something like this:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

cheers
  • L@V@NY@
    L@V@NY@
    TRY THIS IT MIGHT WORK πŸ˜€
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd think multiple times before entering any phone number on that website. First it's not an official website and second; Whatsapp never allowed web access.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Let us all hope that Whatsapp pays heed to all these repeated requests and brings a PC version soon enough. It is quite a wonder that they don't even take notice of it for SO long. I check their official FAQ page, but there's nothing there either.
  • Michael Grimshaw
    Michael Grimshaw
    Nayan Goenka
    You can use Bluestacks for it. It is Android emulator. And who says you don't have a phone. If your phone doesn't support Whatsapp doesn't mean you don't have a phone number. You put in that number when required. Whatsapp sends you confirmation code in that phone and you put it in that emulator manually. You are all set to use Whatsapp 😁
    I have a related issue which I can't crack. My Nexus 4 has a broken screen, and the touch function is unresponsive (meaning I can't access the phone). I have installed Bluestacks on my pc but am unable to connect it to my phone as I can't download the necessary software without using the phone! Does anyone know if there's a way round this?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd think multiple times before entering any phone number on that website. First it's not an official website and second; Whatsapp never allowed web access.
    There is no such official api by Whatsapp, it seems people have just explore the api calls through Emulator,

I tried number of them but none of them really worked, I think the reason was we can't use whatsapp on two devices simultaneously
  • Amit Rana
    Amit Rana
    You can try out this guide: or you may also use the official web client. Read this tutorial:
  • Ricky Ellis
    Ricky Ellis
    A pretty great post. I think now a days whatsApp is one of the most popular. Users can stay in touch with friends and others.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It's funny how big a discussion has happened on this feature on our site. Initiated in October 2013 when WhatsApp was at the peak of its popularity growth (in India), I see a number of posts where we were hoping that engineers at WhatsApp find about this discussions and seriously consider developing a WhatsApp Desktop variant.

Meanwhile, WhatsApp got acquired by Facebook. Read: Facebook WhatsApp Acquisition Happens - What's Your Opinion?

Look at this post: WhatsApp For Desktop (Web Version) Might Be Soon On The Cards (Finally!)
    This was when a Dutch technology blog 'AndroidWorld' reported that they had discovered a code in a WhatsApp update that has several mentions of the term 'WhatsApp Web'.

Well, the problem was solved at the beginning of this year (January 2015) when WhatsApp made the official declaration of the arrival of WhatsApp Web.
    Read our official coverage here: web.whatsapp.com : Access WhatsApp from Chrome The announcement was definitely met with a lot of enthusiasm. In fact, I use the service often these days whenever I want to send some link or image from my desktop. It's handy and convenient.

Since it does not support multiple-logins, I often have to sign out of all accounts and re-login from my Mac. Any how, all is good now that there is way of accessing WhatsApp online.

Those who are unaware, can follow these steps:

1. Head over to #-Link-Snipped-# on your browser.
    2. Make sure that you have the latest WhatsApp version installed on your smartphone.
    3. Switch ON the Data Packet or WiFi on your mobile and run the app.
    4. Scan the QR code and pair Whatsapp on mobile with Google Chrome.
    5. WhatsApp now gives you option to access all your messages right from the Chrome browser. πŸ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: Just in case anyone's wondering - OSX App Store has about three apps listed that let you access WhatsApp messages from your Desktop. I found "Supertab for WhatsApp", Messages for WhatsApp and EasyChat for WhatsApp applications in the app store. Do give them a try.
  • Want to be well informed
    Want to be well informed
    Thank you for enlighting me

I have whatsapp on my mobile and if i understand this correctly. someone else who is whats app on a desktop in another part of the city cannot read my whatsapp messages simultaneously even though he has access to the verification code ?

right or wrong ?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Want to be well informed
    even though he has access to the verification code
    Your question is not clear. WhatsApp web can only be accessed via QR Code verification. So, to access whatsapp on web, you need to scan the QR code from your smartphone and keep internet running on your phone.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote In November 2013, the University of Southampton will be running its first MOOC (Massive Open Online Course). This will enable anyone to study online, for free, wherever they are...
Friend I laterally don’t know what this stuff is called a filter or something but I need a circuit or transducers arrangement which can equalize flow of current through given...
The man who has helped me most in my difficult times is Mr. Zamoor, a so called 'Muslim'. He has been like my elder brother for so many years, advising,...
CEoM Participants, We're aware of the issue that the CEoM score isn't updating for many (if not all) of the CEoM contestants. Please be informed that we are working on...
In the Google Play Store India, following are the top grossing apps right now. Downloaded tens of thousand times, these apps have pretty much been on the top of the...