How much personal information should you reveal on social networking sites?

I overheard a discussion about this topic between two software engineers - and I thought it would be a nice discussion topic on CE 😉 .

Do you think revealing personal information on social networking sites is okay? If yes, how much information about you should you give out without worrying? What do you say, folks?

Replies

• KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    I'm very eerie about what I put on the internet period. I havn't given out more than my name and age. I don't give where I live, my telephone number or anything. People just can' be trusted.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Name: human #

where # is a number of your choice.

That should be sufficient information. Why anyone would want to reveal more info on networking sites is beyond me.

😉
  • gohm
    gohm
    Ditto to Ash
  • neelu.
    neelu.
    hey i hav given my name and atmost my email_id on social networking sites
  • devesh
    devesh
    just name and the email id.
  • mahul
    mahul
    Well, as everything has two sides, I would say it depends on what you can handle (though I say this, I have put up my email only).

If you are a busy executive with pots of money and lots of work, you just can't take the risk.

If you are a lazy engineering student with lots to dream about and very little cash, who the heck cares?? And suppose you do put up your phone number, what goddamned trouble can you be put into?? And I doubt if anyone would take up the trouble to trouble a nobody like me(Unless of course you are a pretty lady, then it would be a big no-no). Frankly, I love it when some unknown lady calls me up, since it hardly happens.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    techfreak!
    At the most I would disclose my fake name and mail id..and photographs on trusted sites..but I never give my phone no...had hell lot of bad experiences!
    I just hate when they ask for zodiac signs and stuff like that! Disclosing your interests and hobbies could be a good affair, you could get new apportunities and dimensions to them!
    I'm new to the concept of disclosing fake names [​IMG]
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    i have no prob to give my personal detail on social site. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Google has been trying to build a 'digg like thing' into their search pages over last couple of days - and its called Google Bucket! Now users will be...
hi all, Am in the final year of my Electrical Engineering. we r planning for a project on Intrusion Detection. hmmm.... well it should possibly consist of a Transmitter and...
😕please tell me how to make one hard disk the master and the other one slave when there are two hard disks in the same computer system? wat is no...
Hi. I'm a graphic designer and I want to know what everyone thinks the best program out there is. I'm getting photoshop soon, but I'm looking for something else. So,...
Hii all,...does anyone know or have detailed explanation of each components of Anti Jam Communication Block digram?...Please help me find... Thanks a lot...