How Many Of You Use Workspace/Virtual-Desktops ?

I am big big fan of Workspace/Virtual-desktop feature. Since the day I jumped on Linux ship my major attention was Workspace. It literally saves lot of time and even with plenty of applications are open you can get clutter free working experience.

Most people debate that when alt-tab is available, then why use Workspace ? Well, my simple answer is try with 6-7 or even more applications open in single workspace and see how messy it gets with alt-tab. Workspace on other hand is an epic shit developed in the history of desktop environments (Strictly my opinion).

Now, Is there any CEan who uses Workspace/Virtual-desktops a lot ? If yes, how do you use them and what is your experience ? I am much interested in how you use them since every other person has different style in handling with workspaces and I am keen to know about it.

And there are some, who don't use Workspaces/Virtual-desktops. Why is it so ? I would like to know your opinion. Infact, I would like to know opinions of all CEans about Workspace/Virtual-desktops.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the use of virtual desktops is totally driven by the needs of work. I've experimented with virtual desktops back in the days I had uBuntu as my primary OS. I've found out that unless your work requires you to have multiple windows open at a time - for example if you're writing code and want to refer to other files, classes, methods et al. it's better to have only ONE screen on your entire desktop.

Most of my work is done in a single browser window and these days the only applications I have running at any point of time is: MAMP, phpStorm and a Browser connected to localhost.

Well, that's the reason I only keep myself confined to one desktop.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want a pdf which covers the basics of mechanical engineering including important formulas most suitable for technical interview.
A team of physicists from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has built a revolutionary tabletop particle detector that can observe and identify individual electrons in a radioactive gas. In the...
Even if it might seem that Android smartphone from home-grown makers don't offer anything noteworthy, but here's a phone from Karbonn that packs a bundle of good features for an...
hi my name is bharat jain.. pls tel me how to prepare for cdac entrance exam..???
Hi. ..everbody I want ask somethibg is it a good time to talk