How does Client Server Communication Work?

Can someone please explain me how the following diagram works?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Tagging our geek networking doctor #-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    NAT,PAT is the answer.

thanks to ipv4 deficit, the classful ip addressing was scrapped and ip addresses were subnetted and heirarcially assigned based on geographical location.

so say your country A is assigned with IP range - 11.0.0.0/8
    if there are 4 major ISPs operating in your country , the IP is subnetted to be
    11.0.0.0/11
    11.32.0.0/11
    11.64.0.0/11
    11.96.0.0/11
    now each ISP has its own mushroom ISP who burrows IP addresses and each IP address gets subnetted further.

Not many home customers are lucky to have such IP addresses assigned to themselves - these IP addresses are known as public IPs. ISP mostly assign a private IP to each of its customer

customer1 : 192.168.3.9———|
    |______2345_ISP___(……)
    customer2 : 192.168.3.10———————4532_ISP___(….)

1.you send a http get to google
    2. src address : 192.168.3.9 dst address : google IP
    3. ISP : 192.168.3.9 is translated to ISP , similarly custoemr 2 IP is translated to ISP , It has to be remembered that packets with public IPs are considered valid packets, packets cannot have an IP as prvte IP when going into wild.
    4. google replies back to your request, src addr :google IP dst address:
    5. your ISP receives the packet and maps the ISPI:2345 back to your IP (192.1.68.3.9) and routes the packet.

, you can look up internet for more explanation on Network Address Translation and Port Address Translation, also download wireshark and send across http requests to remote servers to check packets.

I hope this answers your question
    #-Link-Snipped-# : that title was funny 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A group of scientists at the Queen Mary University in London has joined hands with Nokia to develop a technology that may enable the cacophony of the traffic noise to...
Hi this is govind,from vizag.pressent completed my graduate,but iam not satisfied with my knowledge on our subjects.i want to know it in a understandable way,guys please share
I taught of buying a wireless mouse, my laptop is SONY VAIO 3rd generation and the wireless mouse which i taught of buying is "Dell WM314 Wireless Laser Mouse (Black)"...
Reliance Digital has launched a new smartphone in its Reconnect series called Reliance Reconnect RPSPE4701, powered by a 1.3 GHz Quad Core processor, that runs a slightly old Android 4.2.2...
Bhargavpopat submitted a new project: Design and implementation of maximum power tracking system by automatic control of solar panel. - Here the solar panel moves according to the direction of...