How does a program execute in RAM?

i just want to ask that who is responsible for bringing the programs from hard disk to RAM and after coming to RAM it becomes a process then where is the waiting queue and ready queue made in RAM portion exculding os or in os itself.

and if cpu scheduler takes the process to cpu ,then when does cpu generates address of the process or to be more specific for an instruction to run instruction cycle.

And is that address always a logical address which is of the virtual adress space in hard disk ,then how does it differ whether it is talking about c ,D or E drive.

so i really am not getting about that if a process resides in RAM ,then from where does the CPU gets the command of generating address for a particular instruction .

so plz just explain me very concisely about any program execution in cpu and is cache and RAM word are of same bit

Replies

• avii
    avii
    what have you tried? I really don't want to do your homework, so I am gonna give you a link which may answer your questions:

Operating Systems 5th Edition - William Stallings - Google Books
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    avii
    what have you tried? I really don't want to do your homework, so I am gonna give you a link which may answer your questions:

Operating Systems 5th Edition - William Stallings - Google Books
    my simple ques is that who prompts the cpu to generate address when cpu scheduler is responsible for carrying the process from RAM to cpu,and also the address generated by cpu is logical address then is that address is of the address space of c ,d or e drive ,that is how the page gets swapped ,fr that it must know the exact location i.e in which drive it must go,so who decides it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CE'ns... Can anybody tell me how much power consumed by a typical server??
I am doing my last year project which is based on Rove/Robot. I am not going to halt the project even after my Bachelor's is complete, I will keep on...
It seems that the day is not far away when we will also be able to perform telepathy like Professor Charles Xavier, the famous mutant from Marvel’s X-Men comic series...
5) write a program to print a histogram of fibonaci series of n item i.e if input is 7 then output will be 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13...
I just want to ask that when during os booting process only page files are made in the hard disk of the programs present,then if the virtual memory is made...