How do companies conduct online and offline data analysis?

i want to know about web development and how does companies analyse online and offline data analysis ? In case of web sites such as zovi , amazon how they track there traffic , performance and many things .

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Web development is a vast domain and you'll have to ask very specific questions so that we can answer them.

sr patil
    how does companies analyse online and offline data analysis ? In case of web sites such as zovi , amazon how they track there traffic , performance and many things
    The companies you've mentioned track LOT of data. For example, Amazon will track huge number of parameters to enhance their operations and profitability. The traffic can be tracked using Google Analytics software to a great extent. It will give you information about the users like -
    • What search query they typed in Google to find your page / website.
    • Which page on your website did they arrive on
    • Which links they clicked
    • How much time did they spend on the website
    • What were the products they looked at
    • How much time did they spend on the product page
    • Did they click on 'Buy Now' button? If yes, did they complete the purchase or aborted the purchase process etc.
    This information can be tracked using Google Analytics, which is a free service. How Google does it - is very complicated. Google Analytics requires the website to have a small JavaScript code running in the header or footer of the website so that it's loaded on every new page-load.

If you know JavaScript - you'll know that you can keep track of lot of activities of the user.

Does that answer your question? Feel free to ask more questions if you have doubts.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    On large scale-- Data Mining
    On small scale-- Cookies
    😀
  • sr patil
    sr patil
    sir, thank you . but i read that companies are using different language such as ruby , python for faster analysis so what kind of knowledge i should have so that i will know the details of online or offline data analysis
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sr patil
    analysis so what kind of knowledge i should have so that i will know the details of online or offline data analysis
    When it comes to data analysis, you'll find out that Python is more popular than Ruby. It could be related to memory management where Python *might* be way better than Ruby.

Again, what knowledge you should have would solely be determined by the kind of task you're going to perform. If you just want to know the details of online and offline data analysis; you need not know programming. Could you explain what exactly is the task you wish to perform? That should attract better answers here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Zebronics (India) Pvt. Ltd., a leading IT products maker from India has launched Blue-Connect - a tiny gadget that lets you add bluetooth connectivity to any audio peripheral. The Blue-Connect...
ASUS India launched the ASUS Zenfone 2 smartphone in the last week of April in India. I got my hands on the Zenfone 2 ZE551ML model featuring 4 GB RAM...
Last month, Audi surprised the whole world when they claimed that they produced diesel from carbon dioxide and water, naming it as e-diesel. But for cars operating on gasoline as...
Sony, the Japanese tech-giant has launched its new smartphone called 'Xperia M4 Aqua' in India. Introduced at the MWC 2015 event in Barcelona in March this year, this smartphone caused...
LG has introduced super UHD TV in India with ColorPrime and WebOS 2.0 technology. The TV is available in 55", 65" and 79" sizes with price starting at Rs. 2,94,900....