How did you come to know about CE?

Friends,

On 26th of November, CE will complete two years of existence on the Internet! Frankly speaking, I had no clue we'd grow to 5k+ members ( we have never been into any proactive advertising! ) . But as I type this, we are rapidly approaching towards the 6k count! That's amazing!

The credit goes to CEans who spread the word around. Please take a moment to vote on the above poll. If the option is not listed on the poll, please post your answer in the thread! ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-

Replies

• LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    I already voted for it but still want to have some words.
    Its a great place,some things are really superb here.But i work on the phenomenon of
    "If you want to succed then double the chances of your failure"
    So we would not list out what we actually have,but instead what we lack.

One thing i have noticed about the forum is that- forum is quite heavy and takes a lot of time to load (mine is 256Kbps flat).I dont know either its a server fault or faulty system software.
    Plus again the content in the forum wil be good only if members are participating.Its not 5k or 6K that makes a difference.Its about no of members who are active.
    I have noticed (my internet career) that people who like to participate in online discussions/comm are really different unike those who only surf internet for orkut.Its these kinds of members that makes a difference.
    We can make this an international comm with investors investing in it.Think about pagalguy,.com.It was started like this only.Today they get lakhs pf rps for advertisement.I dont say that main aim shud be earning but just gave an example of sucess.
    We have to spread the word.We have to include it in all search engines and wil have to optimise every single page for search engine.Im ready for it,but i want this forum to touch new heights as the forum has a purpose and its different from those purposeless timepass sites.

Best of luck CE.

Regards
    LORD_EC
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good post, LORD_EC ๐Ÿ˜€

One thing i have noticed about the forum is that- forum is quite heavy and takes a lot of time to load (mine is 256Kbps flat).I dont know either its a server fault or faulty system software.
    I agree with you on that. There are few reasons to it. We make heavy use of images for the look of the forum, which we shouldn't do. Probably, in future, we'll adopt a newer look that won't use lots of images. I've tested the site on a dial-up connection and the response time was 'Ok'. I agree that the site should load faster. There is no issue with the server or the software, please be assured.

Plus again the content in the forum wil be good only if members are participating.Its not 5k or 6K that makes a difference.Its about no of members who are active.
    Agree again! Any suggestions on how to get active members? ๐Ÿ˜€ Usually, the forum sites follow the 1% rule. That is, out of every 100 visitors, 1 will care to register and post. Our existing members can do a great job in bringing new & exciting stuff - after all, we are Crazy Engineers!

I have noticed (my internet career) that people who like to participate in online discussions/comm are really different unike those who only surf internet for orkut.Its these kinds of members that makes a difference.
    Well, social networking is different and it has its own audience. We are trying to build a professional community that will make a difference to the world. You will agree that posting anything on CE, requires you to think (Exception: Chit Chat section). That's why we have a small set of active members who are bringing in lot of good stuff. These active members are the ones who are responsible for growing the forum and making it popular. Hats off to them!

We can make this an international comm with investors investing in it.Think about pagalguy,.com.It was started like this only.Today they get lakhs pf rps for advertisement.I dont say that main aim shud be earning but just gave an example of sucess.
    Success of PG has been tremendous, during past 5 years. We won't compare ourselves with PG because we are into a totally different domain. Forums usually follow geometric progression for growth. I can tell you this from my own experience. From zero member for 4 days to 15-20 members everyday, all without any active advertising/publicity. I'll reiterate that we aren't into the 'Number' game. We are almost ready to end our 'take-off' stage and start gliding. Expect more activity in coming days! ๐Ÿ˜€

About advertising & investing, I prefer to keep my mouth shut. We have already received interests from advertisers because of unique nature of CE. But they all were turned down. CE will generate wealth & distribute it among its contributors, but things have to wait for some more time.

We have to spread the word.We have to include it in all search engines and wil have to optimise every single page for search engine.Im ready for it,but i want this forum to touch new heights as the forum has a purpose and its different from those purposeless timepass sites.
    Man, I'm happy that you said this! First of all, a little update. We didn't SEO our forum for a long time, because of some technical issues (sssh!). All said, many have told me that our site showed up on search engines when they were searching for some or the other thing. That's great. We'll probably do SEO stuff starting next month & CE will be more visible on search engines.

All said & done, its the members of community who are the real screw turners! CE is blessed with few, but really crazy engineers from around the world! Brace yourself for some exciting stuff on CE in coming days (and I'm not saying this for the heck of it! ).

-The Big K-
  • Rocker
    Rocker
    One of my colleagues forwarded the URL to me and I'm in love with this website since then! CE is probably one of the best forums I have seen on the Internet. We want more active members to make ce more exciting and more helpful! All the best!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Did you advertise CE on newspapers, Big_K?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Did you advertise CE on newspapers, Big_K?
    Ash, I never advertised about CE through any medium ๐Ÿ˜ Luckily, a newspaper & a TV channel thought that CE is an interesting concept & interviewed me few days back. The site got many registrations after the interviews were published/broadcasted.

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, we've 12 votes so far and the distribution is as follows:-

8: came through search engine
    4: a friend/colleague mentioned about CE.

Good going!
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Googled ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    MaRo
    Googled ๐Ÿ˜
    What were your keywords? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    A newspaper I think. Cant even remember to be that sure, frankly ๐Ÿ˜€

But you know what ... whichever way I found out ... it was well worth it!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    A newspaper I think. Cant even remember to be that sure, frankly ๐Ÿ˜€

But you know what ... whichever way I found out ... it was well worth it!!
    Newspaper? Are you sure? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    I was search for some assembly code, I was redirected to this #-Link-Snipped-#

I found someone* asking about the same thing as I, I found it somewhere else and get it here.

*I knew later that this member & I in the college in the same university ๐Ÿ˜
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    i found it in google..
  • gohm
    gohm
    I found it on a search engine (yahoo) searching for an "engineering forum"
  • suyash
    suyash
    I came to know about CE via a friend of the Big K and I am proud to say that I live in the same city as Big K !!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I've come to a conclusion that Internet Explorer sucks! ๐Ÿ˜ก . I'm using IE 7 on Vista & it 'STILL' has the old PNG problem. If a PNG with...
Hi!!! to you all.. i like this site... I am a new member and I'm trying to find an ebook on Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Dennis G. Zill, Michael R....
Hi, I am a newbie here.. just joined into this!! I'd like to know if it's possible to get any sample question papers for the mids and the final exams...
CEans! Today we complete TWO years of existence on the Internet! Yes, its CE's second birthday and what we celebrate as the "CrazyEngineers Day" ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ This time, we are celebrating...
Hey... Please I need help. pleanty help.....please I am working on a line foolowing robot , that is steered by a servo and controlled by a PIC16F84 microcontroller. its is...