How Can We Make Cab Hailing Services Safer?

After the Why Uber's India Rape Scandal Is More Than a ‘Growing Pain’ | Time in India and various other worrying happenings around the world, app-based cab hailing services have come under some serious scrutiny. People who use these services on a regular basis have started asking difficult questions about safety and companies are trying to address them. In India we have many cab hailing services, both home grown and multinational. If you live in a big city chances are you have hailed a cab once or twice. We would like to know from you what safety measures can these service providers take to prevent any untoward incident in the future.

To begin the discussion we have listed the measures that Uber is currently planning to put in place by next year.

- It is initiating research & development on biometrics and voice verification to build custom tools for enhanced driver screening.
- Giving users the instant ability to communicate with Uber and their selected contacts in the event of an emergency
- Screening drivers with help of polygraph exams.
- Improving two-way feedback system currently on Uber.
- Training programs for drivers.

You can read the detailed announcement on the #-Link-Snipped-# and post your solutions in the comment section below.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think this is a really important topic that isn't getting the attention it deserves from CEans.
    Screening and interviewing and training the drivers is just so important - but aren't these cab service folks already doing it? A 24x7 customer support system - possibly even one touch contact on the back side of seats for riders would be great in case of emergencies.

What say CEans?
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    One safe side is to opt for cabs which are for the Women & by the women ie Women Taxi Services
    Though theses services are are not very much popular.
    Certain Services providers at various locations are below.

viiracabs.com

About Us | Priyadarshini Taxi Service

#-Link-Snipped-#

Do include other service provides to the list

P.S. How about Creating a separate discussion showing List of Women Taxi Services Currently operational in India.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Ok off topic and this was a serious debate that happened between my friends a week ago. I really dont understand why men torture others like this on roads , colleges , cabs whereever. I think there is no need of a scientific reform or innovation for this,there should be two things that have to be done. Both are social reforms.
    1. Make the law strict, not too many trials just kill them who did the mistake.
    2. Please make prostitution legal in india. (I dont know if its already there though). and advertise it in papers and tv. so that these people will get some sense.

I think there should be a change in people's thought process . A lone girl in the mid night is not a target to attack , its a target to help and make her reach home safely. SO no app can bring this change in humans , only they need to change because they should not have any other choice than that.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Government has set up new rules for Cab Service providers recently..
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have one question in my mind regarding manual testing suppose i have one form which consist of say 14-15 fields and 11 to 12 amongst these fields are mandatory...
Move over Xiaomi, Micromax has delivered a cracker of a smartphone by collaborating with Cyanogen. The exclusive deal which proved to be a bitter pill for OnePlus One customers has...
What are the meanings of 1A1P-T100 and 1P2C-T150 etc in instrument cable tray and wiring layout? Please refer to some documents too please.
Quote: Just like doctors, engineers are expected to utilize their skills and knowledge in a benevolent fashion. Where the Hippocratic Oath outlines the ethical standards for physicians (simplified as "do...
After successfully launching BlackBerry Passport and basking in the glory of its remarkable success on Amazon.com, this time BlackBerry has released the much awaited smartphone called BlackBerry Classic at $449....