How can Enginnering harness the Power of IoT?

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    I think the title should be the other way around.

As per my understanding, its IoT which is going to harness the potential of engineering. See, engineering came way back than IoT. The basic engineering services like power control, fan control, SMS will now be available on your watch, desk etc. through IoT.

So, is it not fair enough to say that IoT is going to harness the power of engineering?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    proffy
    engineering came way back than IoT
    Quite right. IoT is a new tool. In my days we used T Squares and a drawing box to make engineering drawings. Now various CAD packages have made engineers incapable of hand drawing. We had only slide rules for calculations. The present day tablet packs more power than an IBM 1620 that used to occupy a whole room.
    Engineering of all kinds quietly absobs whatever tool is now available to get on. The fundamentals still hold.
    In that sense of a tool the title may be OK.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft has announced the India launch for its new Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim smartphone called - Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE Dual SIM. The phone was first unveiled...
I urgently need an information about the colleges that i might get for M.Tech without GATE score. Better if its in West Bengal! And with the minimum fees structure! Hoping...
15 Things Every Newbie Needs to Know About Starting a Business
This topic is selected on basis of need of general awareness regarding our innovating ideas and our actions. I am sure about that we often think some crazy things😛 which...
Sir, I am working as a Graduate Engineer Trainee in a private company. I was completed 1 year training(GET), but company one more year extend the training period also as...