How can computer science engineers enter game development field?

i don't know if any of you want to live in this planet or not.....or even in this country....onw thing i was sure about when i opted for computers was....i get to make games...i can develop them...can be a part of..developing a new...OS graphics or something....the crap i got was....take the degree....look for a programming job..make sites...for some company or softwares...or take backend....database...or manage netwrk....what i areally didn't wanted.....no one guided...no specific subject or....option in education system....it just making...IT robots....not creative minds..

so any one of you can help me out if....there is any scope of....doing something creative....but not but not making software or sites....how can one gett into...game development for PC or making something new.....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For a minute, I was reading the Morse Code ๐Ÿ˜ . I pretty much want to live on the Earth and love my country. You just need to find the right place and people to ask questions and you will get help!

Game development is an interesting field; but it's got no place for a casual programmer. You need to equip yourself with kick-ass C/C++ programming skills. Once you're comfortable coding in C, C++; the next step should be to explore how the game developers do stuff.

Your starting point could be :
    1. #-Link-Snipped-# . Subscribe to it and start playing with it.
    2. Build something cool and showcase it in their community.
    3. Add your new UnrealEngine skills in your resume and apply to the game development labs throughout country and the leading game development companies around the world.
    4. You can do this while you are in school or job.
    5. No one will be able to stop you from getting into your dream job/career.
    What say? Workable?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone please guide me about the career options after B.tech in Electronics and Communication field...if I want to continue further in Core Electronics...and not in software companies...generally EC engineers...
Jolla Ltd., the Finish company founded by ex-Nokia employees, has started making waves thanks to a teaser it has put on the official website that says 'Something Big is about...
The NVIDIA Tesla K80 Dual GPU accelerator is the world's fastest graphics card - and boy, it's driving the entire graphics industry to a new benchmark! Nvidia announced the updated...
Hi Folks, How to Revert back to Original mode from Developer mode in Andriod 4.4.4, Can you please help me in this. Thanks, Madhu
As we declared previously, we are all geared up for celebrating the CrazyEngineers' 9th Anniversary on 26th November by celebrating the next week with a number of contests and giveaways...