Honda Mobilio Specs Showcase Brio Based MPV - Worldwide Launch Happens In Indonesia

The Indonesian International Motor Show 2013 has witnessed the launch of Honda Mobilio the LMPV or Low Multi-Purpose Vehicle globally. The Honda Mobilio, as the company puts it has been designed such that it achieves both excellent driving performance and fuel economy. To see if that is true, we saw the Honda Mobilio specs list, to find a 4-cylinder 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol unit powering the hatchback that makes 118PS and in India also powers the City sedan. The car gets three variants, namely S, E and E-CVT. Transmissions could be a 5-speed manual and like the name indicates, a CVT.

The Honda Jazz is currently available in India but many Indonesian car buyers complained that the Jazz didn’t have enough ground clearance. So, here's the good news - The Mobilio measures 4.4metres in length and has a ground clearance of 185mm. The car has been designed and devised especially for the Indonesian market. "Honda Mobilio will be the special model for Honda in Indonesia because it is specifically designed to meet the needs of consumers and the character of the road in Indonesia. Honda Mobilio will be assembled in Indonesia, and become the first model of our new factory in Karawang targeted to operate in early 2014," said Tomoki Uchida, President, PT Honda Prospect Motor.

honda-mobilio1-640x480
honda-mobilio-rear honda-mobilio-top honda-mobilio

The other features on this new car like the music system with USB, tilt adjust steering, power windows, dual airbags, ORVMs with indicators, 15 inch alloys, rear wipers, ABS, chrome surrounded fog lamps, dual interior lamps, seat back pockets, keyless entry, central locking and AC vents for rear passengers will be offered depending on the variants. The design concept of the Mobilio is "Dual Solid Motion" that combines a strong stance and expresses strength with dynamic feeling. The car features leaf-shaped headlamps and single slab chrome grille. The side profile is accentuated by a “lightning-bolt beltline” while the rear features a high-mounted 6-LED stoplamp and the car comes mounted on 15-inch aluminium-alloy rims.

There are many reports suggesting that the Mobilio has been priced 150-180 million rupiah (Rs.8.23 – 9.27 lakh). The official India launch date is unconfirmed, but we are guessing that the car will enter the Indian shores at The Auto Expo 2014. Let us know what are your reactions about the car through comments below.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi this is pankaj and i am a 2013 btech passout in ece ... i am having doubts about a thing ... someone suggested me that i should fill up...
Apparently, it didn't take much of technical wizardry to hack the Apple iPhone 5S biometric fingerprint scanner. German group of hackers that goes by the name 'Chaos Computer Club' aka...
Samsung Galaxy Trend has officially entered the Indian market. With the phone listed on Samsung's official India online store for a price in India tag of Rs. 8,700. Samsung, the...
LG, the Korean multinational has today unveiled its new flagship smartphone - The LG Vu 3. Keeping on with the LG Optimus Vu legacy, the new Vu 3 features a...
https://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/india-among-top-targets-of-spying-by-nsa/article5158374.ece The above news which occupied the front piece of Hindu paper was shocking and i am here to start a debate whether India is giving too much of space...