Honda Dream CD 110 Price Declared As Rs. 41,110 - The Most Inexpensive Bike In The Series

Keeping in mind an ever-growing class of 'mileage-oriented' bike commuters, Honda had launched the 'Dream' series in the budget bikes segment by launching the 'Dream Yuga' in January 2012. After the enormous success of Dream Yuga, Honda then launched Dream Neo in 2013 and has now launched the Dream CD 110 which is the third and probably the last bike in this series. The Dream CD 110 is priced Rs. 5000 below the Dream Neo and Rs. 7,000 below the Dream Yuga, making it Honda's most affordable two-wheeler in India.

Boasting the formulaic 110 cc engine used throughout the 'Dream' series, Honda has made no significant changes to the engine specs in this bike. The engine spews out a maximum power at 7,500 rpm and 8.63 Nm of torque at 5,500 rpm. Perhaps the most striking performance of this vehicle is in the mileage category, an impressive figure of 74 Kmpl, as reported in Honda's internal test rides but not yet verified by any external reviewer. Once again, the company's flagship Honda Eco Technology (HET) has been put to use to achieve this mileage. The engine specifications are exactly the same as its companion in this series, the Honda Dream Neo Launched - Will It Be On Young India's Wish List?.
Honda-Dream-CD110_1
CD 110 Dream will feature only a manual start. Body graphics, silver-coloured engine sleeve, silver toned alloy wheels and matching meter console make up the style quotient of the bike. Buyers will have an option of buying spoked wheels if not alloy ones. The bike also features tubeless tyres, maintenance free battery, viscous air filter as its plus points. Continuing the tradition of the Dream series, disc brakes won't be added to the bike and the safety of the CD 110 Dream will rely on traditional drum brakes, perhaps the only down point in the bike.

The Honda CD 110 Dream, a more economical version of the Dream Neo is priced at Rs. 41,100 ex-Delhi, making it the most inexpensive two-wheeler by Honda in the country. Honda will be starting dispatches across the country from mid-July and sales will start from August '14. CD 110 will be available in 3 colours- Black with Red stripe, Black with Blue Stripe and Black with Grey stripe and in the kick/drum/spoke variants.

Hero Honda's CD 100 had found a large Indian fanbase and some of them can also be seen running today. The nomenclature “CD” is a mnemonic for Honda’s mass motorcycles in many countries since 1966 while Dream evokes the legendary success of Honda’s first mass motorcycle “Dream D” launched in 1949 in Japan. Do you think the CD 110 Dream will live up to its name? Let us know in the comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great news from Honda bike lovers. Honda has a strong reputation and at this price tag of 41K, Honda definitely poses threat to Hero, Suzuki, mahindra, Bajaj, etc. Absence of Electric start is only a main drawback which i consider over disc brake. I dont think disc brake would be necessary one for less cc bikes.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Just remembered the time when we had covered the Honda Dream Neo bike.
    Honda Dream Neo Launched - Will It Be On Young India's Wish List?

Before this bike's arrival, the only bikes under the Rs. 45,000 price tag were -
    Bajaj Platina, Honda Dream Neo, Bajaj Discover 100 and I guess.. TVS Star City.
    I read an interesting comment about Honda's strategy somewhere today.
    They started from 150cc Unicorn and ended in 110cc CD110.
    This can be called exactly the reverse strategy of Hero-Honda which started with CD100 ss and ended at 150cc.
    Ankita Katdare
    Just remembered the time when we had covered the Honda Dream Neo bike.
    Honda Dream Neo Launched - Will It Be On Young India's Wish List?

Before this bike's arrival, the only bikes under the Rs. 45,000 price tag were -
    Bajaj Platina, Honda Dream Neo, Bajaj Discover 100 and I guess.. TVS Star City.
    I read an interesting comment about Honda's strategy somewhere today.
    They started from 150cc Unicorn and ended in 110cc CD110.
    This can be called exactly the reverse strategy of Hero-Honda which started with CD100 ss and ended at 150cc.
    By using that reverse strategy you can build reputation
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    #-Link-Snipped-# I think disc brakes offer more safety by reducing the brake fade. They also perform better in muddy roads and wet conditions. And yes, the absence of electric start is also a major drawback
    Chaitanya Kukde
    #-Link-Snipped-# I think disc brakes offer more safety by reducing the brake fade. They also perform better in muddy roads and wet conditions. And yes, the absence of electric start is also a major drawback
    Yes i agree but i prefer a electric start facility over disc
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes i agree but i prefer a electric start facility over disc
    To each man his own 😁
  • S Tiwari
    S Tiwari
    This launch of CD 110 by original Honda will certainly give Munjals owners of Hero Honda sleepless nights even today and days to come I am sure,as CD 100 is brand that was good for quality and mileage nearly 3 decades and Hero Honda discontinued that model and Honda grabbed it with Higher Power CD 110
  • Bella Edward
    Bella Edward
    Good bike!but honda dream yuga is much better.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This news has been the sensation on the TV's and Internet nut i don't know how we missed it. So here is the discussion for all CEans. Is Facebooks secret...
CEan, Which is most preferred and trustworthy website to make money and why do you prefer it. Be open! We don't ask you how much you are earning. I'm just...
The researchers at KU Leuven's Institute for Astronomy have developed a new way of determining the age of fledgling stars. This new method not only identifies young stars but also...
The Belgium team will try to counter the Messi Magic today in Brazil. I'm inviting all the CEans to join in and enjoy the match with fellow CEans. Live comments,...
So, we make it a point to tweet all the latest updates from CrazyEngineers on our official account at Twitter. I just took a moment to see who all had...