Honda Activa 125 Price & Specs Revealed At Launch - All You Want To Know

Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI), the company with a popular range of two-wheelers in India, has launched a new variant of its top scooter with Honda Activa 125. The all new 2014 Activa 125, that was first taken off the wraps at the Delhi Auto Expo this year, runs on a 125cc 4 stroke, air-cooled SI engine. Available in two variants - Standard and Deluxe - one featuring 130mm drum brakes and the latter featuring 190mm disc brake upfront respectively, are priced differently. The Honda Activa 125 Standard's official price in India tag bears the amount of Rs. 52,447, whereas the Deluxe variant is priced at Rs. 62,588. Let us take a look at the various tech specs and important features that the Activa 125 has to offer.

The new scooter delivers a maximum power of 8.7PS at 6,500rpm and peak torque of 10Nm at 5,500rpm. By improving its patent - Honda Eco Technology, the new Activa 125 reduces friction between the mating parts and thus provides a better fuel efficiency (which is 60 Kmpl as per the company's claims). Along the specifications list, there's V-matic transmission and both Self & Kick start options. Under the underbone chassis, among the electricals section - you'll find a 12V 3Ah battery and a 12V 35/35W headlamp. The Honda Activa 125 sports a front telescopic suspension and a rear spring loaded hydraulic type suspension.

Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 3.48.23 PM

Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 3.48.34 PM Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 3.48.03 PM โ€‹

Coming to the dimensions - We have a 1814mm x 704mm x 1151mm body with Wheel Base - 1260mm Ground Clearance - 155mm and Seat Height 765mm. The front and rear tubeless types are of the size 90/90-12 and 90/100-10 respectively. Other than these specs, the prominent features include - optional disc brakes, combi brake system, digital meter, viscous air filter and a shining metal body. Launched in 4 color variants - midnight metallic blue, sword silver metallic, black and pearl sunbeam white, the Honda Activa 125 is ready to take on the likes of Vespa S and Suzuki Access.

What are your thoughts on the all new Honda Activa 125? Do let us know in comments.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    While discussing about the Suzuki Let's scooter here - Suzuki Let's Scooter Price & Specifications Detailed - Pre-Booking Open In India we brought up the Honda Activa brand in the discussion.

What are your thoughts on this? #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    As far as the load bearing capacity is concerned, vespa is no match against activa.

From the photo it looks like as if the wheel base has increased too. the combi brake system is nothing new. as for the 60 kmph mileage, that is something indigestable.

the digital meter sounds attractive to me.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Specs looks similar to Suzuki lets but Suzuki has advantage in price tag.Lets wait to see them competing in reality.Honda has vast following with good support.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great to see the latest version of the already popular Activa. My only complain with these bikes is that ladies still find it difficult to put the bike on the mid-stand. We seriously need a better design. I think I'll start a new discussion.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Nothing eye catching for the new Activa, Atleast it didn't imprese me and with the cost given I am not going to give it a second thought.

Kaustubh Katdare
    My only complain with these bikes is that ladies still find it difficult to put the bike on the mid-stand.
    Why would you require to have it on the mid-stand ๐Ÿ˜ when side stands works great.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rajni Jain
    Why would you require to have it on the mid-stand ๐Ÿ˜ when side stands works great.
    Several companies have this policy that require you to park your bike on the central stand; just to conserve space. Plus, when the auto-start does not work; and you must use the kick to start your bike - center stand is a must in many bikes.

Then there are times when you just want to sit on your bike while having a conversation with your friends. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Several companies have this policy that require you to park your bike on the central stand; just to conserve space.
    Ok agree,

Then whats your thought for Harley Davidson or Bullet.. those are not the easy ones to have on mid-stand parking.

Still probably these bikes are best in business.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    When the first version of Activa came around, it was way different than other two-wheelers. For starters, it did not have a slim body like TVS Scooty - that made it appealing to the male riders too.

I am not sure why it is adopting a slimmer and curvy design and trying to be more like its peers.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Ankita Katdare
    When the first version of Activa came around, it was way different than other two-wheelers. For starters, it did not have a slim body like TVS Scooty - that made it appealing to the male riders too.

I am not sure why it is adopting a slimmer and curvy design and trying to be more like its peers.
    This bike does not look that slim, and this one will appeal to apppeal to male riders as well.

what i feel is that this bike is just the gearless version of honda's long outdated scooter "eterno". eterno was manually transmitted, and its male patrons used to say that it felt just like pulsar. its production was stopped as it could not sell
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    It seems Honda has put up this vehicle to compete with Suzuki Access 125 cc.

Pretty much similar to its fellow members with slight up-gradation i.e. Alloy Wheels , Disc Brake , Digital Meters.

Active is already High on charts, if the company's claim on fuel efficiency appears to be true it'll be icing on cake.

MORE POWER + MORE MILEAGE = SATISFIED CUSTOMER ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • parvez akhtar
    parvez akhtar
    Sometimes you have to start your scooter manually by kick when your selfstart is not working.It is must for companies to provide central stand.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    zaveri
    ...as for the 60 kmph mileage, that is something indigestable...
    I can vouch for the 60kmpl mileage as I'm getting the same for my Honda Dio (1 year old) on the Highways. If you're a city user, you'd be lucky enough to get upto 50kmpl, due to the drowsy traffic in the cities.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India and its economy are going through a very interesting phase in history. These elections are supposed to be the game changer, no matter which party comes to the power....
Lenovo India has come up with a new mid-sized S-series smartphone cum phablet for the Indian market with Lenovo S860. The smartphone runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (which is...
Druva was founded in 2007 by Jaspreet Singh, Ramani Kothandaraman and Milind Borate. A company that builds product for backups and data protection aimed at enterprises that work in a...
A lot of people find it difficult to put the two-wheelers (aka Activa, Scooty, Crystal and so on) on the center-stand on their own. Apparently the most common design of...
The International Space Station (ISS) does use a lot of sophisticated electronics and throws out the heat generated by the electric components into the big bad void. It's a waste...