HomeLane Launches Kaleido VR Headset To Let You View Home Décor Options In Real Time

HomeLane, a startup based out of Bangalore, that deals with interior designing, modular kitchen manufacturing and 3D modelling, has recently launched a new virtual reality-based device called 'Kaleido' which is powered by none other than Google Cardboard VR SDK Is Here - Turn Your Smartphone Into A VR Machine. HomeLane's Kaleido are the wearable glasses that can be worn to watch different finishes, flooring options, accessories, appliances etc. in a mix and match style to your heart's content. If you have gone home décor shopping or recently re-furnished your house, you know the pain of checking around for all options and imagining how that would look like with a certain colour or certain material in your own house. Though showrooms and e-commerce portals give you a wide range of options to choose from, they may also end up confusing you as to what would work best for you.

homelane-kaleido

Using just your imagination, it can get difficult to choose your home décor. That's where HomeLane's Kaleido VR headset comes into picture. It promises to offer an immersive 3-D experience that lets you view different looks for your rooms in real time and create your own personal style.

With Kaleido, you have an option to choose any specific part of your room be it cupboards or tiles or flooring and change its colors and material in watch it change in real time. What's more, you can view the room from various angles.

Kaleido hopes to help you make an informed decision about your choice of furnishings for your house or office. However, the device doesn't make use of augmented reality. In that, it won't let you see the changes in home décor items overlaid on your actual house. Instead, it will use a interactive 2D model of the mockup of the room to show you the view, which is still better than seeing a static image.

Check out a quick demonstration of what the Kaleido view looks like:

As of now, the Kaleido service is available by scheduling an appointment with the HomeLane representative. But, the team is now working on building an application downloadable via Google Play Store for the consumers that will let you download a design and look at the 2D model of it. Moreover, if you have a Google Cardboard, you could get the 3D view as well.

What are your thoughts about the introduction of virtual reality headset in the world of home décor? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    May God protect the newly wed husbands!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Loling at ^ that comment. 😁
    I am also thinking that there should be VR headset tech in a barber's shop as well. We should be able to see what we are going to look like after the haircut. It's mostly a shock once the cutting process is done. 😁😲

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

greetings Mr. @Harshad Italiya i'm just new here and already had some conversation with sir. Ramani... he suggested you to me for my question... because im having problem for my...
We all have had weekends jam-packed with a task list full of household repair work and more often than not finding the right handy man to do all these repairs...
Hello Crazyengineers, There are few questions which has always trailed experience person in the IT industry 1. In what way switch will affect my profile.. 2. If a person is...
I need to submit a project based on electronic and communication equipment hence I need help of u my friends. Please say me how do this projects and your ideas....
very good morning.!! I am Manisha Arora. I am pursuing B. Tech. now a days, I m studying and searching for any interesting minor and major projects for my 4th...