History - How Engineering Innovation Cooled the World

Quote: It is hard for us today—with the ubiquitous air conditioning (A/C) and mechanical refrigeration many of us enjoy—to grasp how A/C changed our lives. It made tropical and desert places habitable, and it gave us the luxury of having access to cooling on demand for food, medication, electronic systems and science research. As the protagonist in Paul Theroux's book The Mosquito Coast proclaims, "refrigeration is civilization." Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

About 22 minutes long video. What engineering?!
Hi I am 2014 passed out I completed my engineering(EEE). I attend some off campuses i did nt succeded in it.so i decided to do some course so that i...
Amazon has announced that they will open an India based data center for the AWS - aka amazon web services. The AWS is one of the largest private cloud networks...
Hye friends, My name is arooj. by profession i am a SE in a software house. I have joined this community for getting unique ideas. and contribute my input at...
CAN ANYBODY SUGGEST ME THE WEBPAGE DETAILS FOR OBTAINING PDF COPY OF CATIA DESIGN SOFTWARE OPERATOR'S MANUAL.